BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My previous 2 cars were a Porsche Cayenne e-hybrid followed by an Audi e-tron. This is as fast (faster?) than the Porsche, way quieter than both cars. I love the steering wheel- there are so many comfortable places to hold it. No rattles, excellent build quality. The displays are vibrant, crisp and clear. B&W audio is the best I've heard in any car. It seems to stick well on corners- no tire squeal and you can feel it's the low center of gravity. So only a week in, but the best car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still have time to change my build and I am torn between the brown and the Castanea. It seems the Castenea is a little ‘too orange’ and not ‘rich’ in pictures. Are you truly happy with it and why? In person description would be great.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it has always appeared more burgundy than brown to me. The leather is quite soft and I like it with black because it highlights the different textures used in the dash and the door cards.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@carchase54 one more thing I should add about my driving experience so far- the ride on 22" wheels is harsher than my e-tron (which had optional 21" wheels).

I might have opted for the smaller 21" iX wheel and saved $1k, even though it would have cost me 10 miles of range. Even though I like the look of the 22's better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My previous 2 cars were a Porsche Cayenne e-hybrid followed by an Audi e-tron. This is as fast (faster?) than the Porsche, way quieter than both cars. I love the steering wheel- there are so many comfortable places to hold it. No rattles, excellent build quality. The displays are vibrant, crisp and clear. B&W audio is the best I've heard in any car. It seems to stick well on corners- no tire squeal and you can feel it's the low center of gravity. So only a week in, but the best car I've ever owned.
As a fellow etron owner who is very strongly considering making the switch to the iX, can you tell me what you like/dislike coming from the etron? I have to make a move based on the low etron range, but I don't know if I'd be missing anything that I'm overlooking.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@dmb4040 With 600 miles on the iX now, I'd say the car is quiet however the noise & privacy glass on the e-Tron Prestige reduced wind noise at higher speeds (80 MPH). Wind noise is what I hear most at freeway speeds in both cars. You sit higher in the BMW which I like. Like the BMW interior much better - it seems to be a generation ahead. The charge port is worse on the iX- on the wrong side (for me) and wrong end (back)- that's a hassle. The BMW has a smaller glove box and no drivers side secret compartment and no "frunk". I miss the leather e-Tron palm rest- always felt like throttle controls on a plane to me. The BMW has much more modern graphics and display.

I miss the rear camera warning of obstacles approaching from the right or left (like when backing out of a parking spot).

I REALLY like the BMW's electric efficiency. My e-Tron did 2.0-2.5 miles / kWH. Up and back to LA this weekend and the iX did 3.1 on average- with occasionally driving at 80. I loved the e-tron but charging to 80% got me 140 miles of range, which was a constant irritant. Charging to 80% gets me 260 or more on the iX, and it routinely does better than that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, the car is beautiful. I have a similar build @ the port in Bremerhaven. Mine is metallic gray, with the same leather and bronze outside. I had the same feeling about the color contrast with the dark exterior. If I went light with the car color, I would not have gone with the red leather. I picked 21's despite the slightly lower range. If they would have let me get the gold/bronze 22 inch rims available on the M60, that would have been perfection, at least in looks for me. I am greatly anticipating it's arrival, ideally in September or early October.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@dmb4040 With 600 miles on the iX now, I'd say the car is quiet however the noise & privacy glass on the e-Tron Prestige reduced wind noise at higher speeds (80 MPH). Wind noise is what I hear most at freeway speeds in both cars. You sit higher in the BMW which I like. Like the BMW interior much better - it seems to be a generation ahead. The charge port is worse on the iX- on the wrong side (for me) and wrong end (back)- that's a hassle. The BMW has a smaller glove box and no drivers side secret compartment and no "frunk". I miss the leather e-Tron palm rest- always felt like throttle controls on a plane to me. The BMW has much more modern graphics and display.

I miss the rear camera warning of obstacles approaching from the right or left (like when backing out of a parking spot).

I REALLY like the BMW's electric efficiency. My e-Tron did 2.0-2.5 miles / kWH. Up and back to LA this weekend and the iX did 3.1 on average- with occasionally driving at 80. I loved the e-tron but charging to 80% got me 140 miles of range, which was a constant irritant. Charging to 80% gets me 260 or more on the iX, and it routinely does better than that.
Coming from the e-tron prestige as well, I am blown away by the range and efficiency. The increased power and smoothness of ride are bonuses. But the seat is not as comfortable as the e-tron, and it costs about $10k more. In the e-tron forum, everyone was waiting for the facelift that would bring a range of 373 miles. But that’s what you get in the ix xdrive50 now. So the decision to switch was easy for me. And I was lucky to get into a loaded one at msrp within a month by going through truecar. It appears that there are some cancellations at dealerships one can easily pick up by shopping around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts