BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ask for a replacement car or pursue a buyback (lemon law) and order a new one.
Most of the customers affected by the recall received an email and a voice message from BMW NA. The email s
Thanks for responding. Nevada has the same Lemon Law for 30 days of not being able to drive your car. Ours too is sitting in the heat at 111 degrees + for the last 39 days. I am thinking you are right and maybe we should pursue a 202 3 and hope there are no major recalls for it. The only problem is delivery of the new car and what to drive until then!
I attached the BMW Notification that I mentioned previously. We plan on keeping the loaner vehicle until his M50i arrives. My husband was very upset at first. However, I told him to just think about it. Shopping for a BMW is like going into a high end candy store. Just choose one. ICE or EV it's your choice. Yes, I am a Bimmer groupie. Good Luck! 馃槆

Attachments

Registered
We live in the State of MD. The Lemon Law is very clear. When the vehicle is out of service for 30 days or longer, it is a "Lemon." BMW Roadside Assistance picked up the vehicle on 7/22/2022, and it has not moved from the dealership's lot. We were told that they cannot even put the vehicle inside their service bay. Our options were to replace the vehicle or get our money back. My husband chose to order a 2023 X5 M50i. Which is now in the production queue. We realized that this "High Voltage Battery" would not be a quick fix. We received one $1550 check from BMW NA. One person on another iX blog, placed another order for an IX and is still considering keeping the recalled one if the wait is too long. We pre-ordered both iX50"s on 8/18/2021. Mine was not on the recall list and my husband's was, after only owning it for 3 weeks. His beautiful Phytonic blue iX with Amido leather has been sitting in direct sunlight for 6 weeks and counting. Also if you research the Samsung "fiasco "that led to this recall, it makes you wonder if one of those cathodes could still circulate even after the "remedy" and cause a "Thermal Event." I'm not sure if I would want to keep the vehicle even after the remedy is made.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for that notice. I did not have that. I had just gotten an email. I appreciate your help! Have a good night.
I just wanted to update you. I am on other iX blogs, and customers affected by the "High Voltage Battery" Safety Recall are apparently receiving auto payments from BMW NA. Will those payments continue indefinitely? My husband and others have received $1550 in "inconvenience" checks from BMW NA. If you watch the YouTube video on how the iX is manufactured in Germany, it caused me to question how a "remedy" could ever be applied without returning the defective vehicles to the BMW plant in Dingolfing. Since only 80+ vehicles have been impacted, I am anxiously waiting to see how BMW responds. My husband's iX50 replacement vehicle, the 2023 BMW M50i is now at the "Quality Check" point in production and will be finished very soon. After pre-ordering his iX50 on 8/18/2021, and it being recalled after only 3 weeks of ownership, there was no way that he was going to wait for either a "remedy" or a replacement 2023 iX50.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts