BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having received my VIN (currently in "Entering Assembly Line"), I decided to log into my Geico account and see what it would cost to insure it. Geico gives the option of specifying the VIN, or choosing the year/make/model, and a 2023 BMW iX is one of the options. However, when typing in the VIN, Geico identifies my vehicle as a 2023 BMW X5! Additional, the quoted rate when using the VIN is slightly higher ($60/year). Anyone else with Geico have a similar experience? How did you get it corrected (I assume providing the VIN will actually become mandatory at some point).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I have the same question too... I tried putting in some VIN from a in-stock iX and it showed it was an X5 (and funnily it also went up about that same amount). I also tried putting in the make and model; they do have iX, but then the only style available is "Utility 4x4 4DR". Uh... that's not what I would call the iX.

I'd suggest calling GEICO about it; I'm planning to do that whenever I get my VIN too. GEICO has pretty good phone customer service so I assume they would give a meaningful answer. Would love to know if you find out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts