BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a large pothole a few days ago that formed from some recent rains in SOCAL…. Apparently our roads are only rated for dry weather, lol.

It took a small chunk out of one of my rims. I was wondering if anyone had any experience, good or bad, with wheel refinishing for this type of damage. It’s not clear in this photo, but the underlying metal got gouged pretty good.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

· Registered
BMW iX 40 M Sport
17 Posts
Be very very careful of blokes in vans. If it was an old car then maybe but refurbing a 22" diamond cut alloy out the back of a van is almost impossible. Depending on where you are, around the Surrey area wheels are typically £120 to be done properly. I'm the master at kirbing wheels and have spent a fortune doing so over the last 25 years. I've got numbers of good ones I've used and deleted some awful ones too!!

· Registered
23 Posts
We had this rim repaired after my husband curb-rashed it. They were able to make it 90% as good as new. However, because of the way the silver portion of the wheel is machined, they weren't able to match the finish exactly and I kept noticing that the repaired part reflected light differently. I am REALLY picky and this annoyed me to the point where we ended up buying a new wheel. It set us back about $1300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts