BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if there is any setting to adjust the distance between the car in front of you that is maintained by the adaptive cruise control. I have had this on other cars. I find the iX setting to be just a tad too far for driving on crowded highways. I haven't seen any setting for this, but just checking. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am wondering if there is any setting to adjust the distance between the car in front of you that is maintained by the adaptive cruise control. I have had this on other cars. I find the iX setting to be just a tad too far for driving on crowded highways. I haven't seen any setting for this, but just checking. Thanks.
There are 3 settings I’ve set mine to medium the default seemed a bit too far

·
Registered
BMW's i4 M50, X3 G01, 640 F13
33 Posts
This is another practical thing that succumbed to the buttons delete trend. All other bmw have steering wheel distance +/- for acc (and Audi/Mercedes on the stalks)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I'm annoyed this isn't available as a button on the steering wheel. I like to adjust this depending on traffic levels and weather. Having it hidden in a menu is annoying. Are there are any custom buttons you can program with any function to make this more readily accessible?

·
Registered
265 Posts
You can probably make it a favorites button, but having used it for awhile the automatic distance works pretty well for me so I don't miss the buttons. After replacing a couple of windshields, Audi and BMW, I have it set to "Far." And I don't mind the extra distance for stopping and maneuvering.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I'm annoyed this isn't available as a button on the steering wheel. I like to adjust this depending on traffic levels and weather. Having it hidden in a menu is annoying. Are there are any custom buttons you can program with any function to make this more readily accessible?
@estate Can it be adjusted using voice command?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts