BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow iX owners/future owners,

I’m sure I’m as exciting as most of you to get our cars. As a longtime BMW enthusiast (This is my 7th BMW), I’m planning out mods before delivery.

I’ve had 2 i3’s before this and obviously those tires were too tall/narrow to have any reasonable aftermarket options. The iX I ordered in 21” (with 255/50R21 square), but I know the LRR-focused tires definitely won’t have enough lateral grip for my liking. I understand completely that this will lower my range by 5-15% ish and I’m completely OK with that.

I’m looking at the following options and wanted to see what everyone thought:

1. +0 on OEM 21” wheels: Upsize OEM 255/50R21 to 275/45R21 (leaning on Michelin PS4 SUV).

2. Possible winter setup: 20” wheels and either 275/50R20 or 285/50R20 on Studless Winter or A/T 3MS rated tires. Yes these will kill range even more but 20” options are way cheaper.

Curious as to all your thoughts? I’m leaning away from 22” as I want more meat on my tires to protect against crappy CA roads.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi fellow iX owners/future owners,

I’m sure I’m as exciting as most of you to get our cars. As a longtime BMW enthusiast (This is my 7th BMW), I’m planning out mods before delivery.

I’ve had 2 i3’s before this and obviously those tires were too tall/narrow to have any reasonable aftermarket options. The iX I ordered in 21” (with 255/50R21 square), but I know the LRR-focused tires definitely won’t have enough lateral grip for my liking. I understand completely that this will lower my range by 5-15% ish and I’m completely OK with that.

I’m looking at the following options and wanted to see what everyone thought:

1. +0 on OEM 21” wheels: Upsize OEM 255/50R21 to 275/45R21 (leaning on Michelin PS4 SUV).

2. Possible winter setup: 20” wheels and either 275/50R20 or 285/50R20 on Studless Winter or A/T 3MS rated tires. Yes these will kill range even more but 20” options are way cheaper.

Curious as to all your thoughts? I’m leaning away from 22” as I want more meat on my tires to protect against crappy CA roads.
I am also looking for 20" for a winter setup, especially since I ordered mine with 22"s and summer tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts