BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today I was due to pick up my IX50 and literally just before the keys were handed over, the sale was stopped due to an alert raised yesterday about an airbag fault. My dealer is checking. Has anyone else had this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Luckily only 20 minutes for me but whats concerning is it's affecting both left and right hand drive models? I assume its different assembly lines. I hope it can be fixed by the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The same happend to me i Norway, the dealer called me in the morning and everything was ok, but one hour later he called and gave me the bad news. No car could leave the store. He didn't now much and could not tell when and how there would be a fix. The car was an IX40.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@AndrewS and @ArneHL - my dealer still has heard nothing at all on this. Have either of you heard anything from yours?
Spoke with my dealer yesterday. He told me that they need to update the software. They had to download it first and maybe it would be installed in my car today. So i hope it will be done and that i get my car today. Others in Norway got their update on friday and had no delay in their delivery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer shared some more from BMW "...we will be publishing the Safety Recall campaign document shortly as soon as all the required processes are in order (hopefully within the next day or so)".

To me this says that BMW hasn't even worked out what changes they want yet, let alone prepared the software for updates. @ArneHL I'm really hoping that your dealer has better access to information - keep us posted!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer shared some more from BMW "...we will be publishing the Safety Recall campaign document shortly as soon as all the required processes are in order (hopefully within the next day or so)".

To me this says that BMW hasn't even worked out what changes they want yet, let alone prepared the software for updates. @ArneHL I'm really hoping that your dealer has better access to information - keep us posted!
I don't know exactly what the softwareupdate is, but i got a new call from my dealer. They have installed updates. They wanted to take a last check tomorrow, i guess they will check that the download went ok. And if so, i get my car tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know exactly what the softwareupdate is, but i got a new call from my dealer. They have installed updates. They wanted to take a last check tomorrow, i guess they will check that the download went ok. And if so, i get my car tomorrow.
Cool - maybe there is hope! My car spent all last Thursday going through updates, then to be hit with the "Stop Delivery" on Thursday evening. Keep us posted - if you get yours, maybe this update solves the problem!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts