BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I got my car, everything updated. I might get a warning for the update campaign because there was a code needed and they had not got it from BMW yet. He said it should not be a problem. So now we are setting off to our cabin. It's only 112 km :)

Hope you get your soon.
Congratulations! My dealer is refusing to deliver mine because of the code, even though BMW hasn't supplied it yet - your dealer is obviously more flexible ;)

Enjoy the drive - pictures!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

Today I was due to pick up my IX50 and literally just before the keys were handed over, the sale was stopped due to an alert raised yesterday about an airbag fault. My dealer is checking. Has anyone else had this?
I'm really sorry to hear that, Andrew - hopefully they get it fixed quickly and you get out on the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Today I was due to pick up my IX50 and literally just before the keys were handed over, the sale was stopped due to an alert raised yesterday about an airbag fault. My dealer is checking. Has anyone else had this?
Mine was due this week but it hasn't made it over the water to the UK yet. But the dealer was waffling on about some software update they will need to do before I can collect it and how they have to wait 24 hours for the software update to be verified. He has buggered off on holiday now anyway so I won't be getting it any time soon even if it did arrive ! Getting annoyed now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So here is my story. I took delivery halfway march of xdrive40. Got called in april that there is an urgent software update required because it affects safety and airbag security. I had to bring the car in for a day for the update. That was today. Got a call that "the software update crashed" and now the car can't drive anymore. They have no clue how long it will take them to fix this. Perhaps tomorrow. Perhaps weeks. Can't believe this is 2022 and software updates at BMW are not done over the air and get stuck. Disappointing for a car in this price range. If you get an update proposal, ask your dealer if they've already executed similar updates successfully for the same model and issue. If not, wait and postpone!

·
Registered
80 Posts
So here is my story. I took delivery halfway march of xdrive40. Got called in april that there is an urgent software update required because it affects safety and airbag security. I had to bring the car in for a day for the update. That was today. Got a call that "the software update crashed" and now the car can't drive anymore. They have no clue how long it will take them to fix this. Perhaps tomorrow. Perhaps weeks. Can't believe this is 2022 and software updates at BMW are not done over the air and get stuck. Disappointing for a car in this price range. If you get an update proposal, ask your dealer if they've already executed similar updates successfully for the same model and issue. If not, wait and postpone!
Mini got 2 updates (incl Airbag-problem) last week. No problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone received an update on this? My IX was built on March 29th and has been stuck at the port waiting for the update for over a month. BMW won't release it to ship until the update has been completed

21 - 37 of 37 Posts