BMW iX Forums banner

at port hueneme

8K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Gman 
#1 ·
My car arrived at port hueneme today and on the website it went back to at the port. Dealer told me has been taking 2-3 weeks to get cars to the dealer because of a shortage of drivers. Hope that is an exaggeration so I don't keep asking when it will arrive. I have seen on this forum cars arriving in a few days from the port.

#2 ·
I think for us on the West Coast, all the BMWs head to the BMW Oxnard center first (which I'm told takes 2-5 days from port) for inspection, fixes, and then prep for shipping to final destination. My dealer said that once it hits Oxnard, it's a black hole of information and they just have to wait for the car to appear.

#8 ·
I have been told different things by different "geniuses". One told me scheduled to arrive at my dealer in Bay Area on Sunday. One told me assigned a carrier but hasn't left oxnard and can't tell anything until it actually leaves which could be a week from now or more. Told there is a shortage of drivers from my dealer as well as genius.

#20 ·
I had called the Genius yesterday (Monday) and they said the car was scheduled to leave Oxnard on Friday, but it turns out that according to mybmw that it's at the dealership now?! I haven't called the dealer yet but I am very excited to do so after this work meeting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.