BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IX is on the ship. I just realized that the auto close for tailgate is "blocked". This car is loaded with all extras. Will they be able to unblock at a later date? The passenger lumbar is "deleated" which I was willing to live with. Is blocked different than deleted?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Passenger lumbar support and hands-free tailgate (the foot-opening feature) are both deleted currently. It may be possible to add one or the other later, but not confirmed or guaranteed, and likely easier to add the hands-free tailgate option (software and a sensor or two required, as opposed to possibly a new seat).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thank you. To be clear, can you still close the tailgate automatically by pushing a button?
Correct - the delete just removed the ability to open/close the tailgate by waving your foot under the bumper. I use it all the time in my X5, but as features go something I can live without. It still opens with the key fob or the door or inside button. Spouse will miss the passenger massage function, but my impression is that even the driver massage is not that impressive. Works great on my X5 (both seats), but again something I (and spouse) can live without. And she still has her ICE X5 that she loves, so really no issue at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for this information. I am relieved to know this. I switched my order for a cancellation and hadn't reviewed it carefully enough. Haven't mentioned the passenger lumbar delete to my wife. I don't think she has ever used it in my Tesla and I will let sleeping dogs lie. I have owned every luxury make except Bently and BMW. After driving 2 Tesla S's for 8 years, am quite excited about this vehicle. Somehow, it hit all the right notes for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The tailgate kick opener is still showing as included on my build. It is not deleted at this time. The only deletion is passenger lumbar on my build.
It still shows, right now on the US configurator, as "Delete hands-free tailgate operation" with a credit for $100 for both the iX 50 and M60. It does show "power tailgate," which is not the same thing, but would likely depend on when your build was started. You might want to confirm with a Vehicle Inquiry from your dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My customer advisor ran my production number in his system yesterday and the only deleted option was the passenger lumbar support. He also got a delete notice for the interior camera yesterday. He said my car would most likely be built with the kick actuator-that is close to a deal breaker for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts