BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through the Build Your Own to check pricing changes and I found this option:

Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia Software

This is a big deal for us, but I worry about reserving the car and having this option removed before I get it built, especially after seeing so many people on this forum, reddit, and other forums talk about people getting bad news calls from their SA. I know that I can just take the M60 that I took over from someone who dropped their reservation when options changed for them, but if we decide to save $20K and order our own, I don't want to wait 7 months only to have to reorder it or just deal with another parts shortage making it so the stuff we want is gone.

Thoughts?

· Premium Member
26 Posts
I am ordering mine as well and was initially encouraged by the picture that you sent.

But the enthusiasm faded. Whether you choose the B&W or the HK, the Premium Package of $7,000 stays the same.

I have no idea why the B&W is shown as an option when the Build function does not allow it to actually be included.

· Registered
22 Posts
No it was BMW that added or still adding to the confusion. I ordered an m50 last Sunday and the SA couldn't add B&W no matter what. While today at a completely different dealership they were able to although they do not see any price difference with or without it. So I would still take this with a grain of salt. Btw the build sheet now shows Special Package 10 instead oof Special Package 9 like it did last week or prior to it.
Font Number Parallel Document

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mine is in the "Order Received" state and I asked SA to update my build. He relied that he cannot make any change today and will try again tomorrow.
The M60 we took over from someone else is in the US at the processing center in Georgia. They are finished and waiting for a truck to show up next week to deliver the car to us here in FL. He knows we didn't want to spend M60 money on an iX but we took this one over just in case we chose to pick it up. We can move our deposit if we don't like it. This is why I think he is "having trouble configuring it" because he knows that we just want an xDrive50 with the B&W stereo, but for a while only the M60s had that.

· Registered
22 Posts
The M60 we took over from someone else is in the US at the processing center in Georgia. They are finished and waiting for a truck to show up next week to deliver the car to us here in FL. He knows we didn't want to spend M60 money on an iX but we took this one over just in case we chose to pick it up. We can move our deposit if we don't like it. This is why I think he is "having trouble configuring it" because he knows that we just want an xDrive50 with the B&W stereo, but for a while only the M60s had that.
I would go easy on the SA only cuz I know my first SA also couldn’t add this for me as well. It certainly isn’t as straight forward as adding other options and even then we all aren’t sure that BMW will actually put these B&W in the actual build.
You should think through if you’d be pk waiting 4-6months and then realizing there is still no B&W vs going with the M60 which is right at your door.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts