BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would go easy on the SA only cuz I know my first SA also couldn’t add this for me as well. It certainly isn’t as straight forward as adding other options and even then we all aren’t sure that BMW will actually put these B&W in the actual build.
You should think through if you’d be pk waiting 4-6months and then realizing there is still no B&W vs going with the M60 which is right at your door.
I plan to take it easy on him. I also know that the car that is coming, while $118500 is $20,000 more than the one we specced for an xDrive 50 with B&W and the stuff we wanted, will actually come with the features we want, whereas the one we order may give us a call in a few months and tell us "oops, no more B&W and the color you want is taken away and it is $5000 more". We are weighing this out carefully.

· Registered
57 Posts
Going through the Build Your Own to check pricing changes and I found this option:

View attachment 2814

This is a big deal for us, but I worry about reserving the car and having this option removed before I get it built, especially after seeing so many people on this forum, reddit, and other forums talk about people getting bad news calls from their SA. I know that I can just take the M60 that I took over from someone who dropped their reservation when options changed for them, but if we decide to save $20K and order our own, I don't want to wait 7 months only to have to reorder it or just deal with another parts shortage making it so the stuff we want is gone.

Thoughts?
I ordered my iX50 with the B&W set-up and it arrived as expected. However you have to work the BMW ordering system to get B&W included - if you are at all a lover of thumping amazing music in a car - you must have the B&W. It's amazing...

· Registered
6 Posts
No it was BMW that added or still adding to the confusion. I ordered an m50 last Sunday and the SA couldn't add B&W no matter what. While today at a completely different dealership they were able to although they do not see any price difference with or without it. So I would still take this with a grain of salt. Btw the build sheet now shows Special Package 10 instead oof Special Package 9 like it did last week or prior to it.
View attachment 2815
My dealer had trouble adding the B&W sound but was eventually able to add it into this "9PL Special Package 10" like you. Did yours arrive with it after they ordered it like this?

· Registered
56 Posts
My order is finally at 112. All options except B&W, which was not available in the 50 last August in US. However, even though I can add it in the configuration tool, when my SA tries to add it it insists on deleting the Drivers Assistance Professional Package. Is anyone managing to get the B&W sound without losing DAPP?

· Registered
56 Posts
My order is also at 112. As of last week, my dealer was able to get the B&W and Driver's Assistance Pro package together, however he did tell me it took a good amount of fooling around with the system to do so.
Would you be willing to post the relevant portions of your build list or other doc that shows the right codes for DAAP and Premium and B&W to accomplish that? That would be huge help. Thanks.

· Registered
262 Posts
Isn't the dealer bound by the price they print out, not by what shows on the sticker? The dealer can override the Driver Assistant Pro deletion. If they don't know how, BMW corporate can assist as they did with my order.

· Registered
56 Posts
My SA also got it to change so it is Special Package 10 (which includes B&W) instead of 9, but with the same result that the price did not actually change. So either the price is wrong or B&W is not actually in there, I guess.

· Registered
37 Posts
My SA also got it to change so it is Special Package 10 (which includes B&W) instead of 9, but with the same result that the price did not actually change. So either the price is wrong or B&W is not actually in there, I guess.
Mine is at 112 to and I see the same thing. B&W included but the price is 7K and not 10.4K. When it moves to 150, that will tell me if I am getting B&W or not

· Registered
37 Posts
But then it’s too late, right? As much as I want B&W, DAPP is definitely a higher priority. Would hate to just have them delete it. Not sure how to determine before that. Good luck to all.
My car went into status 150 as of this morning. The car is being built with B&W and no other options have been deleted either. That's the good news! The bad news is that the car won't actually enter production until 1/26. That's not the usual experience for people from when the car enters 150 to when it actually starts production. Its usually 10-15 days. I am guessing that B&W is causing those delays. Holidays may have something to do with it as well! Jan end production would mean mid to end March delivery on the east coast in the US.

· Registered
262 Posts
I entered my VIN number and it shows my xDrive 50 has the B&W, Driver/Parking Assistant Pro, and every option I selected at the dealer. It also shows that I am receiving Special Package 10. The Driver Assistant Pro had to be added manually at no charge.

· Registered
37 Posts
I entered my VIN number and it shows my xDrive 50 has the B&W, Driver/Parking Assistant Pro, and every option I selected at the dealer. It also shows that I am receiving Special Package 10. The Driver Assistant Pro had to be added manually at no charge.
Where do you enter the VIN number? I go to the browser developer tools and read codes from there..lol. If there is a website I can plug the VIN in, that would be awesome!

· Registered
2023 iX50 Sport - Black Sapphire
58 Posts
Where do you enter the VIN number? I go to the browser developer tools and read codes from there..lol. If there is a website I can plug the VIN in, that would be awesome!
Try bimmer.work : VIN Decoder for BMW and enter your vin in this box. There are several other external sites advertising asking for the VIN, but enter it here.
Rectangle Font Tints and shades Electric blue Pattern

· Registered
37 Posts
My dealer sent me the most updated build sheet. Looks like all is good. The price has been adjusted to reflect the B&W system, which should imply that no option has been taken off. I also see dynamic handling and drivers assist as options going into my build

21 - 40 of 41 Posts