BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any issues? My IX performed an unexpected emergency stop today for no reason with no warning, approaching a junction not at speed and just braked so hard that it stopped immediately at least 15 metres from the junction! Anyone following would have just run into the back of me, very unnerving and immediately lost confidence with what has been an excellent car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Were you driving with any driver assist or automated driving enabled? Was there a red alert (like a red car) on the dash when it happened? Just wondering if it thinks it saw something and did an emergency brake? I've experienced it but there was a car to my right (waiting to turn right) as I was cornering left past it but the car thought i was going straight at it and started to alert me briefly before passing it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
@Des Ashley Sounds unnerving. That's not happed to me but occasionally the car flashes the red symbol on the dash as it thinks I'm about to hit a parked car by the side of the road (I drive down a lot of narrow city streets) but I find that most modern cars do that now and then, in terms of false alarms.

If I am not mistaken, cars nowadays ususally have the ability to change the sensitivity of the forward collision warning systems. That may be one route to try and see if your iX is set to be most sensitive? I am not sure where in the menu you can configure it. If you still have issues and find this happens frequently, then take it to BMW for a check.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was set to Medium, most of the settings can't be turned off permanently although I have turned off the emergency braking and left the warnings. I will speak to the dealer although need to find an 'expert' as the guy who sold it to me was clueless about the I Drive 8 system, couldn't answer basic questions on handover.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It was set to Medium, most of the settings can't be turned off permanently although I have turned off the emergency braking and left the warnings. I will speak to the dealer although need to find an 'expert' as the guy who sold it to me was clueless about the I Drive 8 system, couldn't answer basic questions on handover.
@Des Ashley Book an appointment with the BMW Genius at your local dealer. The genius folks are fully trained on all the tech and can answer all your questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts