BMW iX Forums banner
81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great news Raymond. Still laughing at Kanye reference. Let’s hope you get a Transit notice soon and you don’t have any of the Engineering Hold codes I have.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Great news Raymond. Still laughing at Kanye reference. Let’s hope you get a Transit notice soon and you don’t have any of the Engineering Hold codes I have.
Yeah I’m hoping that both of my cars will be on the same boat…I guess they might have fix that issue for the cars produced after yours
I’m only now having slight concern about the drivetrain reliability especially on the m60, as we all know brushed motors have tendency to fail much easier than brushless especially if they are put on high stress frequently. 4 years and 50,000 miles warranty doesn’t spell confidence to me from the bmw engineering department.
Funny story tho, a bmw sales person yesterday told me to not park the car under any trees as the glass roof module cost dearly to replace.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Whoa I hadn’t heard anything about the brush versus brushless motors being an issue. All I know is brushless car wash is better. I did read a person had major damage to the roof and glass was over $10K just for the glass. The person didn’t notice or document any damage during pick up so afterwards entire glass cracked inside and out. Good luck getting parts quickly for it and if Bmw or insurance will cover it easily.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
My salesperson just told me the red color can delay production because of its unique properties. So that could explain your wait potentially.
If you car has been in QC most likely the car is actually been built and BMW is currently cleaning backlogs or there is simply no ship spot for them to move the cars quickly enough

81 - 100 of 117 Posts