BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just info for all on the forum. My car has been back in the garage as the tracker did not work properly. It did not track journeys all the time and did not generate an alarm if the car was driven with no tag present. The tags are black and the internal model number is TM450. Turns out that Trackstar stopped installing this model in January 2021. Now all fine. New tracker installed, the one with the blue tags. I have a suspicion that the unit with black tags (old model) does not work with the iX. Just a heads up in case you are getting the BMW S5 tracker installed. Once you have the app installed, have BMW take your car for a quick drive with no tag and make sure you get an alarm on the app.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think your dealer is at fault they probably had one in stock and you were unlucky enough to end up with it, do not think it is iX related even if it only got 12V it should register your position.

I had issues with mine where the fobs (blue) were not registering, Trackstar kept sending new fobs but still did not work, dealer head got on to Trackstar who couriered a new one down which was fitted and up and working in half an hour. Even when not working with fobs it regitered its location and journeys.

Quite impressed with the App which 5 years ago was chargeable if you wanted journey info (did get a map though)

We call it BMW Tracker it is only BMW approved, similar to other manufacturers

·
Registered
204 Posts
The tags are black and the internal model number is TM450. Turns out that Trackstar stopped installing this model in January 2021.
Just had my Certificate through and states Model TM450 have you received yours (you might have to request it on the App)
Perhaps there are several releases of the same product

·
Registered
45 Posts
I questioned my model on the certificate, - it says TM450 but Trackstar confirmed the TM475 was fitted.
I have added an extra fob so I can use apple key and my house keys without taking the BMW key with me and all has worked so far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.