BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had a build slot confirmed, my xdrive50 Msport is being built week 46 and arriving in the UK week 49

Hopefully that will not slip

Msport

·
Registered
230 Posts
Anyone else had a build slot confirmed, my xdrive50 Msport is being built week 46 and arriving in the UK week 49

Msport
Fingers crossed that production goes smoothly. I haven't seen anything so far that would hint at any issues for BMW.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Msport
No! Although my dealer is terrible and only ever communicates when repeatedly chased so will chase now.

BMW seem to be managing supply chain well considering the shortages so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi @Fin_IX, when did you order your iX?
I wonder if XDrive40's will arrive sooner than the 50's
Beginning of July. At least my dealer gave an impression that 50 will have a longer lead time. Looking at the order list on this site and the fact that 40 is not even sold in US there are probably much less orders for 40's

·
Registered
80 Posts
When did you place your order and where in Norway? Another Norwegian waiting for ix50..
Welcome! Great to see yet another member from Norway. I believe that's where the highest EV ownership rate is in the world currently. Will the iX be your first EV?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome! Great to see yet another member from Norway. I believe that's where the highest EV ownership rate is in the world currently. Will the iX be your first EV?
70% of new cars here in Norway are electric these days.. No, i bought my first car in 2015.. That was a BMW i3! :D And after that i have owned a Tesla Model S P100D a BMW i3s and a Tesla Model 3 (that i drive today). Now i have ordered a IX and an i4 m50 to replace the model 3 - i do not really like Tesla after all the visits to the workshop and the terrible customerservice.

So i have only owned electric cars - i have driven fossil burners multiple times, but i do not like them. Electric is amazing, and i will never own a fossil car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had their build slots pushed back? I placed my order Mid Sept (later than a lot), i was told delivery would be Mid-Late Jan.

I've today heard that delivery will be at least May 2022, with allocations not being done until the end of the year. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone had their build slots pushed back? I placed my order Mid Sept (later than a lot), i was told delivery would be Mid-Late Jan.

I've today heard that delivery will be at least May 2022, with allocations not being done until the end of the year. Has anyone else heard anything similar?
Still no news on my build slot. Although at Munich airport at the moment and they have one in red and looks pretty good…may need to change my colour choice. It is locked unfortunately.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts