BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of us really think that Cadillac can compete with BMW? Based on chatter, many think that the new Cadillac Lyriq will be stiff competition for the iX. Interested in knowing what others think...
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hey @BMWTim! Welcome to the forum. The Lyriq is an interesting vehicle to go up against iX. I think in terms of exterior styling the iX wins hands down. There's too much going on in the front of the Lyriq. The Lyriq's interior layout is cool but I don't see the quality coming close to what BMW usually delivers in their cars.

The biggest area where I think the Lyriq can compete with the iX is with its range and battery. I'm curious to see what GM's Ultium battery can actually do.

Are you considering the Lyriq as well as the iX?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @BMWTim! Welcome to the forum. The Lyriq is an interesting vehicle to go up against iX. I think in terms of exterior styling the iX wins hands down. There's too much going on in the front of the Lyriq. The Lyriq's interior layout is cool but I don't see the quality coming close to what BMW usually delivers in their cars.

The biggest area where I think the Lyriq can compete with the iX is with its range and battery. I'm curious to see what GM's Ultium battery can actually do.

Are you considering the Lyriq as well as the iX?
The whole battery thing still worries me! It will be my first EV. I am considering both. Are you going to purchase the iX?

·
Registered
380 Posts
The whole battery thing still worries me! It will be my first EV. I am considering both. Are you going to purchase the iX?
The iX is still the frontrunner for me because I trust BMW's engineering and build quality more than GM. It seems like GM is trying to do so much immediately with EVs that things could be rushed to meet their targets. Whereas BMW is keeping it simple with the i3, i4, and iX so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your satisfied with a soccer mom version of a 2WD with a 200 HP disadvantage go for the Lyriq, I do like the interior styling and luxury and I think the body of the vehicle looks great, it’s too bad they decided to make us wait an extra year for one that performs like a Cadillac should.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hard to measure pictures versus pictures. Lyriq will be less expensive and they suggest it will have a similar range. If you did not order it, you won't see it until 2024 if you happen to get one. I was thinking lucid before I drove an i4, but found it too small, and not a ground up built EV. The dealer had an iX and I tried that on and found it fast enough for me and spacious enough that my 3 tall children did not fight while sitting next to one another in the back. I might be old school, but I just couldn't buy a car I had never driven. Lucid, Lyric, even the Model X, hard to try them on for size. In the end, not sure that the same customers will look at BMW vs Cadillac, so while it may have similar size and range, it won't matter to customers. Availability is a big key, right now, iX is sort of available, and pricing on the m50 while still steep, is not 130k for a model X with a long wait. I think the Model X is a closer competitor, which due to price alone, is not a strong competitor. X is way faster, but I chose iX50 because the difference in my mind was 20+k for .8 seconds of difference to iX60. The iX50 is fast enough for me, and even loaded up is well under a Model X.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I own a lucid air Gt and 2022 Tesla model x. Previously owned a Taycan turbo. I am trading in the model x for an iX 50. Everything about the BMW Ix seems superior to the model x except for the front trunk in the model x . Tesla also has superior infotainment including the rear screen. Ride quality and noise insolutation are far better in the IX. Also fit and finish In the bmw are superior to Tesla . The lucid is an awesome car and has amazing tech and space for a sedan. I traded my Taycan turbo for the lucid and don’t miss the Porsche at all. Frankly you can’t go wrong with any of these vehicles. The lyric looks cool to me but I think it is technically inferior to the cars above. It also costs less.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I can’t wait to get rid of my Model X. That car has given me constant problems🤣 having test drove the ix a few times it’s an overall better car for sure. Tesla does get some stuff right. But, the fit and finish stuff is a problem. They can not properly make a car without issues of some sort.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts