BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of us really think that Cadillac can compete with BMW? Based on chatter, many think that the new Cadillac Lyriq will be stiff competition for the iX. Interested in knowing what others think...
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.02.19 PM.png

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey @BMWTim! Welcome to the forum. The Lyriq is an interesting vehicle to go up against iX. I think in terms of exterior styling the iX wins hands down. There's too much going on in the front of the Lyriq. The Lyriq's interior layout is cool but I don't see the quality coming close to what BMW usually delivers in their cars.

The biggest area where I think the Lyriq can compete with the iX is with its range and battery. I'm curious to see what GM's Ultium battery can actually do.

Are you considering the Lyriq as well as the iX?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @BMWTim! Welcome to the forum. The Lyriq is an interesting vehicle to go up against iX. I think in terms of exterior styling the iX wins hands down. There's too much going on in the front of the Lyriq. The Lyriq's interior layout is cool but I don't see the quality coming close to what BMW usually delivers in their cars.

The biggest area where I think the Lyriq can compete with the iX is with its range and battery. I'm curious to see what GM's Ultium battery can actually do.

Are you considering the Lyriq as well as the iX?
The whole battery thing still worries me! It will be my first EV. I am considering both. Are you going to purchase the iX?

·
Registered
189 Posts
The whole battery thing still worries me! It will be my first EV. I am considering both. Are you going to purchase the iX?
The iX is still the frontrunner for me because I trust BMW's engineering and build quality more than GM. It seems like GM is trying to do so much immediately with EVs that things could be rushed to meet their targets. Whereas BMW is keeping it simple with the i3, i4, and iX so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts