BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
order in Sep, produced in the first week of Oct, now at the port, not sure if it can be on the Nov 14 ship...
Mine got on the immidiate next ship coming to Halifax after it reached the port. So chances are it will make to the next one coming this way. In my experience the trip from factory to port to halifax was quite fast and efficient. However, seems like things have slowed down ever since it landed in Halifax. :rolleyes: With no info from anyone or no way to actually track what's happening its becoming a crazy wait game from here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine got on the immidiate next ship coming to Halifax after it reached the port. So chances are it will make to the next one coming this way. In my experience the trip from factory to port to halifax was quite fast and efficient. However, seems like things have slowed down ever since it landed in Halifax. :rolleyes: With no info from anyone or no way to actually track what's happening its becoming a crazy wait game from here.
Mine is on the same boat. Asked the dealer they said it could take up to a month to get to GTA. Crazy!

·
Registered
45 Posts
My iX50 was on the Asian Vision, which docked in Halifax on Nov. 5th. According to my SA, it's scheduled to arrive by rail in Concord, just north of Toronto, on Nov. 22nd and should be at the dealership in Toronto within 48 hours afterwards. (Reservation deposit put down Feb. 2022; allocation received Sept. 10; final configuration and contract signed Sept. 20; in production/paint booth Oct. 14.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My iX50 was on the Asian Vision, which docked in Halifax on Nov. 5th. According to my SA, it's scheduled to arrive by rail in Concord, just north of Toronto, on Nov. 22nd and should be at the dealership in Toronto within 48 hours afterwards. (Reservation deposit put down Feb. 2022; allocation received Sept. 10; final configuration and contract signed Sept. 20; in production/paint booth Oct. 14.)
That’s great. It’s crazy to think how it’s taking forever to come to GTA from Halifax which is less than 24h train ride away

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow. Toronto? We’re in Jamaica until Friday, lol. My car was originally due in end of November/early December, so we went ahead and booked a trip. It’ll be waiting for me, quite impatiently, I’m sure. Poor thing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This picture is at the dealer. I'm taking delivery tomorrow. If you were on the Asian Vision that docked Nov 6 your car should be either at the dealer or very close.
Wow. Toronto? We’re in Jamaica until Friday, lol. My car was originally due in end of November/early December, so we went ahead and booked a trip. It’ll be waiting for me, quite impatiently, I’m sure. Poor thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here is my purchase timeline (also from Performance in St Catharines).
Aug 19, 2022 - Deposit
Sept 3 - Status 112, scheduled for production
Sept 15 - Status 150, entering production, VIN assigned
Sept 28 - Status 152, entering paint shop
Oct 1 - Status 155, assembly finish and quality check
Oct 4 - Status 182, handover to carrier
Oct 5 - Status 190, despatched from manufacturer
Oct 8 - Status 193, arrived at port
Oct 15 - Status 195, exit from port (on boat), with ship assignment and ship tracking information
Oct 26 - Status 193, arrived at port (Halifax)
Oct 29 - Status 195, exit from port (on rail from Halifax to Toronto)
Nov 5 - Status 193, arrived at compound (in Toronto).
Nov 7 - Status 198, arrived at dealer (St Catharines)

When I chatted with the GM at the dealership on delivery day, essentially there had been a bit of setbacks in getting vehicles in the last couple of months. First was the storm and so there were a couple of ships with an expected Oct arrivals that had to turn back to Europe, and now the ship lane was better, all of a sudden there were like 3 ships coming to Halifax at the same time. This led to a backup at the local BMW Halifax facility (where all cars need to get Canadian programing). And then that led to a back up in the rail system, so some cars are being shipped via trucks instead of rail. So for my dealership, they are expecting 20 to 30 iX deliveries in Nov because of backups.

When you folks see your car arriving at your dealership, make sure you tell them not to activate/register the connected drive subscription until date of delivery. With mine, apparently they activated and registered before delivery so my connected drive subscription ends earlier. Good thing they didn't start my warranty until date of delivery. So essentially my connected drive subscription will end before my warranty is up. haha. :unsure:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts