BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2023 iX M60, dark graphite metallic, Chestnut interior, driving assist pro, 22” bicolor wheels
31 Posts
SUCCESS!!

Experiment 1 didn't work.

Experiment 2 did. After uninstalling/reinstalling MyBMW app in Experiment 1, I logged out of my original BMW ID and registered a new one. I used a different email address and a shortened version of my first name just to be save. Followed all the prompts on the app and the iX to add a new ID.

Imagine my surprise when I saw these on the app. (Thanks khoast and BeeBop.)
(Didn't find any prior charging, but the history is now "enabled" rather than the spinning circle.)

View attachment 2486

View attachment 2487
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Additional data point - adding an additional profile seems to have fixed it, but only after linking the second key to the new profile (I retained my original profile with the first key). The eSIM seems to be only connected to one profile (my original), and not wanting to go through the considerable hassle of re-activating it I elected to just add another profile (sans eSIM activation), which then activated the charging history for that profile and when I returned to the original it was activated for that one also. Not the most elegant solution, but whatever works, and I have no explanation for why it does. Will report up to BMW, and thanks to all for working on this....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Additional data point - adding an additional profile seems to have fixed it, but only after linking the second key to the new profile (I retained my original profile with the first key). The eSIM seems to be only connected to one profile (my original), and not wanting to go through the considerable hassle of re-activating it I elected to just add another profile (sans eSIM activation), which then activated the charging history for that profile and when I returned to the original it was activated for that one also. Not the most elegant solution, but whatever works, and I have no explanation for why it does. Will report up to BMW, and thanks to all for working on this....
I moved my 1st key to new profile, and it worked as I want to keep my spare key as a spare. Not sure if I want to try, but the next experiment would be to remove/delete the new BMW ID and see if the original profile still is updating the charging history. (Yes, I also checked the original profile on MyBMW app, and it shows the history as enabled now. Go figure.)

·
Registered
2023 iX M60, dark graphite metallic, Chestnut interior, driving assist pro, 22” bicolor wheels
31 Posts
I created a BMW ID for my wife which was not done yet, and when I finished setting up the My BMW App in her iPhone the charging history now shows “… Session data collected from 9/23/2022 on, your activation date”. That’s today’s date after the new ID. Then I went back to the App in my iPhone which now says the same thing and no more spinning wait in the Info-> Charging History. Now, I have to figure out how to deal with my upgrade to the new iPhone 14.
PanamaRod, Paladin1, thanks for helping me out with your experiments!

·
Registered
5 Posts
There’s obviously something wrong with the mybmw app that needs to be fixed. Simple tasks such as displaying trip data and charging history are taking forever and countless hours and workarounds to activate. I just wasted half a day on these, with many hours on the phone with customer service and BmwAssist. They didn’t know how to fix the problems . Just had me try different things. Uninstalling App, reboot, reinstall, etc. Finally they gave up and created a case for escalation. Does not instill confidence. By trial and error I finally got the trip data to display but still no charging data. BMW needs to fix the App. I don’t want to spend any more time on it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts