BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered my IX 50. Expected delivery Jan feb 2023. Thinking of taking it on cross country trip USA Philadelphia to Reno NV. I own a Tesla and can see Tesla super charges along the way but I am concerned about the number of BMW compatible chargers and their ability for a quick charge ie high KWs. What is the type of charger I should be looking for and what is the best app?

·
Registered
16 Posts
You have 2 years free charging with Electrify America. I had no issues with my IX50 2 weeks ago, driving from Idaho Falls to Atlanta through UT, CO, KS, KY, TN. I did not need any other charger. Chose either a 150 kw or 350 kw.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Have a look at ABRP (PC or APP) you can select a route your iX and search only Electrify America chargers,
you can then add them into the car as destinations so you get batterry preconditiong for charging
The car has similar built in not sure how it works for you in the US you'll; have to try it

Ecoregion World Map Line Terrestrial plant

Car version, ABRP did a better job fewer charging stops

Plant Vehicle Output device Flat panel display Gadget

·
Registered
16 Posts
I want to second ICS_UK. Thanks to his advice I followed similar strategy on my route. Thanks a lot! Since I didn't have the car yet while I was planning the trip, I planned everything through ABRP. Most of the time Electrify America charging stations were recommended, even though I had not entered any preference in the settings. Most probably due to the fact that BMW IX was entered as my car and ABRP recognizes the 2 year free charging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts