BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
BMW iX 40 M Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, first post. I am picking up my ex-demo iX 40 M Sport on Monday. I understand that it comes suppplied with the Flexible Fast Charger. Any ideas how many miles v hours I may get using this on a standard 13AMP wall socket in the UK at 240V?

I have oustide sockets at work but no access to a charging outlet at my home in London.

Also what Type 2 charging lead is worth buying for my Zappi charger at my other home? Need about 5m.

Thank you!

· Registered
53 Posts
Hi Guys, first post. I am picking up my ex-demo iX 40 M Sport on Monday. I understand that it comes suppplied with the Flexible Fast Charger. Any ideas how many miles v hours I may get using this on a standard 13AMP wall socket in the UK at 240V?

I have oustide sockets at work but no access to a charging outlet at my home in London.

Also what Type 2 charging lead is worth buying for my Zappi charger at my other home? Need about 5m.

Thank you!
The suppled charger with 13A plug is limited to around 3KW, so you Will get around 10 miles range per hour (assuming around 3miles per KW consumption)
The car should come with a 5 metre mode 3 charging lead.

· Registered
BMW iX 40 M Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The suppled charger with 13A plug is limited to around 3KW, so you Will get around 10 miles range per hour (assuming around 3miles per KW consumption)
The car should come with a 5 metre mode 3 charging lead.
Thank you Ian, that's acceptable I guess. I know the car has got the Flexible Fast Charger but didn't think it came with the standard 5m charging cord, if it does that's a bonus as the Zappi charger I have is the untethered variety. Thank you for your reply!

· Registered
53 Posts
Thank you Ian, that's acceptable I guess. I know the car has got the Flexible Fast Charger but didn't think it came with the standard 5m charging cord, if it does that's a bonus as the Zappi charger I have is the untethered variety. Thank you for your reply!
As a new car it would be supplied. As yours is a dealer ex demo then this should also be there.

· Registered
BMW iX 40 M Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, just heard back from the dealer and it is. Thank you. Let's hope the short range of the X40 won't drive me nuts. I do a 250mile trip every 6 weeks but bar that most is localish. If ythe X50 wasn't such a mad price I would have gone for that version.

· Registered
30 Posts
I fast charge at home using 7kw charger and we also have a holiday lodge we charge IX40 using 3 pin supplied car charger. Never get more than 2.1 kw/hour using 3 pin and depending on outside temperature we only get between 5 and 7 miles per hour. We leave it plugged in for up to 24 hours and after 6 months it's always the same.

· Registered
BMW iX 40 M Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, that's pretty hopeless. Fortunately we're installing a 7kW charger at my works so will be more than enough juice to do a 60 mile around commuting journey each day. It'll be hooked up for at least 5 hours each day. I don't have a charger (or even a charging point) at my London home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts