BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you all finding that the insurance for an iX is insanely high?
I pay $900/year for full coverage on my 2016 Corvette Z51 3LT,
The iX is going to cost $5000.
Are any of you getting similar quotes?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ouch! We're picking up ours on Wednesday and that was on my to-do list for tomorrow. I'll post back when I have some numbers to share. The iX is replacing a 2021 Tesla Model S so it'll be interesting to see the difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Which insurance company? I called my auto insurance company (State Farm) last month and they couldn’t give me a premium because the iX wasn’t listed. I’ll try them again tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are currently using Farmer’s.
We do have a 16 year old driver in the house, and they won’t let us exclude him, even though he won’t be driving the iX.
Even with him on a separate policy, the iX would still be something like $4800/year.
That’s with discounts for 3 cars, and a home.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I called State Farm before I ordered mine and the quote was less than my 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. Funny thing was the quote for a Tesla X was much higher. That pretty much sealed the deal before I put my order in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called State Farm before I ordered mine and the quote was less than my 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. Funny thing was the quote for a Tesla X was much higher. That pretty much sealed the deal before I put my order in.
That’s good to hear.
I need to shop around.
My iX has been “at the port” for a week, so I’ve got some time.
All the best,
Brant

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
104 Posts
I actually have Progressive insurance. I had gotten rid of my Lexus NX Hybrid to buy the IX 50 here in South Fl. I was nervous too about insurance, but was completely surprised that the insurance was like 30% less than my Lexus (which was half the MSRP). Im paying only $1,400 per year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually have Progressive insurance. I had gotten rid of my Lexus NX Hybrid to buy the IX 50 here in South Fl. I was nervous too about insurance, but was completely surprised that the insurance was like 30% less than my Lexus (which was half the MSRP). Im paying only $1,400 per year.
We currently have a BMW X3 (which we will be replacing with the iX) and a Tesla Model Y Performance, so I was pleasantly surprised with the quote.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha! I would be VERY happy with a rate like that.
It seems that Farmers is an outlier, thankfully.
I’ll be getting quotes from State Farm and Progressive to start.
I’ll post the results when I get them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you go to NPR.org and search "car insurance loyalty" you'll find a really interesting report they did a few years back where the insurance companies use an algorithm that actually punishes you for being a loyal customer. I went through the same thing a few years back with Allstate.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts