BMW iX Forums banner

Crazy Expensive Insurance

16K views 53 replies 34 participants last post by  Moesess 
#1 ·
Are you all finding that the insurance for an iX is insanely high?
I pay $900/year for full coverage on my 2016 Corvette Z51 3LT,
The iX is going to cost $5000.
Are any of you getting similar quotes?

#4 ·
We are currently using Farmer’s.
We do have a 16 year old driver in the house, and they won’t let us exclude him, even though he won’t be driving the iX.
Even with him on a separate policy, the iX would still be something like $4800/year.
That’s with discounts for 3 cars, and a home.

#8 ·
I actually have Progressive insurance. I had gotten rid of my Lexus NX Hybrid to buy the IX 50 here in South Fl. I was nervous too about insurance, but was completely surprised that the insurance was like 30% less than my Lexus (which was half the MSRP). Im paying only $1,400 per year.

#13 ·
If you go to NPR.org and search "car insurance loyalty" you'll find a really interesting report they did a few years back where the insurance companies use an algorithm that actually punishes you for being a loyal customer. I went through the same thing a few years back with Allstate.

#25 ·
Cool. I think I’m paying about 2 dollars more per Month for the iX than I pay for our expedition. Super pumped. Our sales person just let us know that we should see ours between 6/10 -6/14. Seems almost like a dream at this point since we preordered on 6/1/21.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.