BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting a thread for folks that have a December production slot so we can follow production and play the waiting game together 馃槀 Share where you鈥檙e located and timeline so far. Here鈥檚 mine:

Delivery to Portland, OR

Nov 23: Status 112, Scheduled for Production
Nov 30: Status 150, Production Begins
Dec 15: In Paint Booth
Dec 16: Exterior assembly begins
Dec 19: Awaiting Carrier Assignment
Dec 20: Dispatched from factory
Dec 21: At the port
Jan 26: In Transit (Ship left Bremerhaven on Jan 25)

Registered
Ordered a 2nd ix on 11/29. It鈥檚 in the paint booth today. Storm Bay Metallic. Chestnut Leather seats鈥. This time with multi-function seats鈥

You will find that the biggest issue is that your car rolls out of the factory and then hits Bremerhaven where it could sit for 2 to 3 weeks. They are short on ships generally and, with production down, they will wait until they get a full load to leave.

You can find tracking website of your ship once you learn the name of your ship. The website tracks the ship until it enters the ocean near Spain and then drops out until it gets closer to Baltimore. My dealer was able to get the name of the ship for the last one. It鈥檚 kind of cool to follow.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine finished production today and is waiting for a train! It looks like there are 2 ships serving the West Coast, scheduled for Jan. 2 and Jan. 7th. Hope it makes it on one of them!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Calling the Genius line is the surest way from what I鈥檝e read.

Another way would be to check schedules of ships leaving from Bremerhaven. I believe BMW mainly uses NYK for West Coast and Wallenius Willhelmsen for East Coast. Your status will change 2 days after it鈥檚 loaded on ship, so can you figure out the ship that way too. I think you can also confirm by checking the cargo on the ship - there鈥檚 another post on here that talks about how to figure out the BOL number you鈥檇 need and from the ship company鈥檚 website pull up the cargo list for that BOL and check if your VIN is on there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here鈥檚 how to figure out BOL for Walenius Willhelmsen: Tracking iX from Bremerhaven to Halifax with BOL Number

They have a ship departing Bremerhaven shortly (scheduled for December 20th but still hasn鈥檛 left - vessel name is Asian Captain) and per its schedule, it has port of calls on both East & West Coast. For those of you whose cars have been at port, you can use the BOL link to find the BOL and check if the VIN of your car was on that ship. It takes about 2 - 3 days after the ship has sailed for BOL to become available

Registered
Here鈥檚 how to figure out BOL for Walenius Willhelmsen: Tracking iX from Bremerhaven to Halifax with BOL Number

They have a ship departing Bremerhaven shortly (scheduled for December 20th but still hasn鈥檛 left - vessel name is Asian Captain) and per its schedule, it has port of calls on both East & West Coast. For those of you whose cars have been at port, you can use the BOL link to find the BOL and check if the VIN of your car was on that ship. It takes about 2 - 3 days after the ship has sailed for BOL to become available
Looks like its heading to Sweden first, due to arrive on Thursday, correct?

Registered
Starting a thread for folks that have a December production slot so we can follow production and play the waiting game together 馃槀 Share where you鈥檙e located and timeline so far. Here鈥檚 mine:

Delivery to Portland, OR

Nov 23: Status 112, Scheduled for Production
Nov 30: Status 150, Production Begins
Dec 15: In Paint Booth
Dec 16: Exterior assembly begins
Dec 19: Awaiting Carrier Assignment
Dec 20: Dispatched from factory
Dec 21: At the port
I hope mine is this fast! I'm in Portland, OR as well, and I put in my order on December 10, and it went to Status 150 "Production Begins" on the 20th. I was originally quoted 12-14 weeks, but if it's anything like yours it looks like it could be much sooner.

Did you order at the Kuni BMW?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hope mine is this fast! I'm in Portland, OR as well, and I put in my order on December 10, and it went to Status 150 "Production Begins" on the 20th. I was originally quoted 12-14 weeks, but if it's anything like yours it looks like it could be much sooner.

Did you order at the Kuni BMW?
I ordered mine at BMW of Portland. I鈥檓 hopeful that I can get my car sooner than the quoted 12 - 14 weeks but I think that 12 weeks might be about right. Getting on a ship seems to be taking a while from what I鈥檝e read on here, especially for us on the West Coast. Bremerhaven is usually where BMW ships from and I read that there鈥檚 a lot of delays at that port and a large backlog of cars waiting to be shipped. Once on a ship, it鈥檒l take about a month to get to the US and then about 1 - 2 weeks to get to the dealership (clear customs, processing at VDC, getting on a truck) - also, fingers crossed that a stop sale isn鈥檛 issued.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts