BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine at BMW of Portland. I’m hopeful that I can get my car sooner than the quoted 12 - 14 weeks but I think that 12 weeks might be about right. Getting on a ship seems to be taking a while from what I’ve read on here, especially for us on the West Coast. Bremerhaven is usually where BMW ships from and I read that there’s a lot of delays at that port and a large backlog of cars waiting to be shipped. Once on a ship, it’ll take about a month to get to the US and then about 1 - 2 weeks to get to the dealership (clear customs, processing at VDC, getting on a truck) - also, fingers crossed that a stop sale isn’t issued.
Ah, after reading the tracking guide I see that the shipping times are what really take the longest. (I thought your “at the port” meant at a port in the US)

Thanks for the info, and thank you for starting the thread! I will be checking this page pretty frequently… 🙂

· Registered
25 Posts
Once mine reached the port, it was only there for about 10 days before it was loaded on a ship. It took about 10 days to get to Baltimore and was at the dealer 5 days after arrival. BMW also uses K-Line to ship. Your SA can tell you what ship it is on. I have found the BMW Genius folks to be useless. Once it ships, it will move from Port to InTransit. When it arrives it will revert back to Port, the move to Dealer.

· Registered
125 Posts
AEA25001 is the BOL for the Asian Dynasty which left Bremershaven 12/25 en route to Halifax then the US East Coast. The BOL code is working and shows VINs! Viel Gluck!!!! (Good luck). I couldn't find my VIN... out of 600+ but my status did change today to in transit!

According to "The Genius" I'm on the Hawaiian Highway with an ETA of 1/16 to Brunswick, GA. Sounds like its taking the scenic route.... but its coming!

· Registered
27 Posts
Port times appear to be picking up. Mine sat less than 10 days and was loaded December 26 on Tokyo Car, headed to Port Elizabeth in NJ, arrival estimated 1/11. Scheduled to be at the dealer on Jan 18. My build was submitted on 11/29. That would be approximately 50 days from order to delivery.

· Registered
125 Posts
Port times appear to be picking up. Mine sat less than 10 days and was loaded December 26 on Tokyo Car, headed to Port Elizabeth in NJ, arrival estimated 1/11. Scheduled to be at the dealer on Jan 18. My build was submitted on 11/29. That would be approximately 50 days from order to delivery.
Looks like both our ships are hunkering down during a gale in the English Channel

· Registered
125 Posts
Thanks. I was trying to figure out why the ship appeared to be going around in circles on slow track. Keeping 'em safe. If you see the ships move, let us know
HAWAIIAN HIGHWAY entered Southampton Port this am, about 24 hours late. I'm guessing weather either affected its ability to enter or the dock was occupied. Yours had indicated change of destination to "seeking shelter" so I'm guess it was waiting out the weather and imagine it will resume course within the next several hours.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Auriga Leader just pulled up to the BLG Auto Terminal (BMW uses BLG for logistics) - its headed to the West Coast and was supposed to depart from Bremerhaven today but looks like it will be delayed at least a day. Let's hope all west bound deliveries waiting at the port get loaded on it!

· Registered
5 Posts
Here’s hoping my iX makes the Themis. Been in port since 12/23 and missed the Auriga Leader. Failing that, the Dorado Leader leaves on the 22nd and arrives at around the same time or maybe slightly earlier than the Themis.

· Registered
25 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Looks like the Themis is on its way to Sweden. I’m currently tracking it on the ShipInfo app. Any idea how long it’ll take our status to change if it’s on this ship?

Previous BMW tracking guides say it takes 2 - 3 days but some folks in this forum have seen status change the same day the ship sets sail

21 - 40 of 81 Posts