BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Has anyone investigated the availability of an aftermarket diagnostic tool that has the right support for the iX. I'm a bit shy about things like Launch and Topdon, they make many claims, but they also have a hmmm...negotiable relationship with the facts.

Thanks,

Pete

· Registered
99 Posts
This Veepeak works:
Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ Bluetooth 4.0 OBD II Scanner for iOS & Android, Car Diagnostic Code Reader Scan Tool for Universal OBDII / EOBD Vehicles.
Rectangle Gadget Electronic device Font Electric blue

• DO MORE – With extensive third-party OBD Apps available on App Store and Google Play, you can get advanced features like enhanced diagnostics and PIDs on selected vehicles, examine the battery in hybrid & electric vehicles, customize and service selected vehicles, etc.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone,

Has anyone investigated the availability of an aftermarket diagnostic tool that has the right support for the iX. I'm a bit shy about things like Launch and Topdon, they make many claims, but they also have a hmmm...negotiable relationship with the facts.

Thanks,

Pete
I use Launch, it reads errors perfectly. You can code some blocks. But why?

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't really want to get into this type of discussion. I can tell you from personal experience that not all systems are covered by all diagnostics. I currently have a Benz displaying an error, but it is not showing up in diagnostics from iCarsoft, for example. It (and others) do also not provide access to the relevant subsystem to reset it (I am convinced it is a 'stuck bit' as a result of a battery replacement). In BMW parlance it is called 'Normierung'. So let's leave it at that.
Incidentally, what Launch do you have. I'm sure an X431 Pad V has a lot of the functionality I may need. But so has the Topdon I already have. Saying you have 'a Launch' doesn't really tell me anything.
Anyone having experience with system topology analyses or independent subsystem access please chime in !

Thanks,

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts