BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a search on tirerack.com for a 20" tire yields only 2 results - a Bridgestone and a Goodyear, neither of them with great reviews.
Searching for 21" tires yields 5 choices, some with good reviews (and tires I'm familiar with from other cars).
I'm not interested in a 22".

Ideally, I'd choose a 20" wheel, as I'm most interested in ride comfort and range, but now thinking maybe a 21" due to more tire options?

Comments appreciated.

· Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I picked 21" because I saw a tire that I liked (same kind of tire I used on my Tesla), I forgot which tire it was but definitely this was a big factor. And also the fact that 21 is the middle choice so if anything is bad about the 20 or the 22, the 21 is presumably going to be half as bad. :LOL: suuuper solid reasoning there :)

· Registered
32 Posts
"Doing a search on tirerack.com for a 20" tire yields only 2 results - a Bridgestone and a Goodyear, neither of them with great reviews.
Searching for 21" tires yields 5 choices, some with good reviews (and tires I'm familiar with from other cars).
I'm not interested in a 22".

Ideally, I'd choose a 20" wheel, as I'm most interested in ride comfort and range, but now thinking maybe a 21" due to more tire options?

Comments appreciated. "

I did the same thing you did.....
Michelin - Primacy Tour A/S
Item # 1710533
Tire Size: 255/50R21/XL Warranty: 55k miles
Season: All-Season Run Flat: No
Load Index: 109Speed Rating: H

· Registered
125 Posts
I went with the stock 20" wheels based largely on best mileage. I didn't see any reason to spend more $$ to get less mileage. None of the larger wheels were more appealing to me and the lower profile doesn't play well with bad roads. I'm betting tire selection will improve... we shall see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts