BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Registered
Mine works with iOS16 - but, question for the group. I can lock, unlock, but can't start the car until I open the key, double click and then put it in the charging base - is there a setting on the phone I am missing?

Registered
That was set. I went out and played with it and what was happening was my phone would unlock, I would get in and then it would lock, etc - I deleted the key and reset it and tomorrow we will see if it worked.

Registered
It didn't for me either. I have an appointment with Service this week because the genious doesn't know what's up either.I dread trying to explain it because I am sure it will work for them :)

Registered
Mine works with iOS16 - but, question for the group. I can lock, unlock, but can't start the car until I open the key, double click and then put it in the charging base - is there a setting on the phone I am missing?
This seem to have something to do with the new software! My digital key on iPhone 13 have been working flawless for months. Had the software upgrade yesterday and I have the same 鈥漰roblem鈥 as you, the phone needs to be in the charging base to be able to start the car, but unlock/lock works鈥
Had the key removed to resolve the problem, but now I鈥檓 not able to create a new digital key - 鈥漇omething went wrong鈥

Registered
iOS 15.6 iPhone 13 pro - tried resetting key so I get a new email from BMW
Waited for email, wrote down new code, then triggered process from the BMW app ..
Both key fobs in the car, on the central arm rest
I started the process with phone in my hand and then when it left the BMW app for the apple key screen I put the phone in the charging base..

Again gets to 70% and errors out before even asking for the code..

Registered
iOS 15.6 iPhone 13 pro - tried resetting key so I get a new email from BMW
Waited for email, wrote down new code, then triggered process from the BMW app ..
Both key fobs in the car, on the central arm rest
I started the process with phone in my hand and then when it left the BMW app for the apple key screen I put the phone in the charging base..

Again gets to 70% and errors out before even asking for the code..
Did you also got the upgraded software in your BMW?

Registered
I was able to get my iPhone 13 programmed as the digital key, but I'm unable to share the key. Every time I try to send a key sharing invitation using the Apple Wallet, the text message is generated but the process errors out when sending regardless of the recipient....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
What trick did you use to get it done 馃ぃ
I was able to get my iPhone 13 programmed as the digital key, but I'm unable to share the key. Every time I try to send a key sharing invitation using the Apple Wallet, the text message is generated but the process errors out when sending regardless of the recipient....

Registered
What trick did you use to get it done 馃ぃ
I just did this on Friday at the dealership, and I've already forgotten the steps because the process was completely uneventful! I already had the My BMW App on my phone associated with my VIN before I paired it to the car. I think an "in vehicle profile" was also programmed before pairing. Once paired, the rest was pretty much following the instructions provided.
If you're really stuck, I would think removing any existing in vehicle profiles would be a reasonable first step.

Registered
This seem to have something to do with the new software! My digital key on iPhone 13 have been working flawless for months. Had the software upgrade yesterday and I have the same 鈥漰roblem鈥 as you, the phone needs to be in the charging base to be able to start the car, but unlock/lock works鈥
Had the key removed to resolve the problem, but now I鈥檓 not able to create a new digital key - 鈥漇omething went wrong鈥
I have the same issue since the software got updated last friday. Before the update I did not have to put the iPhone in the carging base. Now I have to... deleted the Digital Key and reinstalled it again. Still the same...

I did also have huge problems to add the Digital Key again. Had to update all the services in OS 8, reset the system by pressing volume for 30 seconds. Then lock the car and wait for 20 min. After that I was able to add the Digital Key again.

It's a little bit annyoing, this step back. It's not that comfortable anymore...

Registered
FWIW, I can confirm that the Digital Key does not work on Samsung's Note20 Ultra, although it has the same OS and same Android version as on an S22 which supposedly does work ( don't have one to try). Legacy Android users may be in for a wait, if ever....

21 - 40 of 46 Posts