BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's annoying 😅 One suggestion is to try remove the key from the phone, reset the car (there is a reset car data under vehicle settings), then re-add the key again, and see if that resolves the issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The other suggestion if your family member also uses iPhone, try share the key with them, and see if the shared key works for them without placing the phone on the tray. If that works then we can narrow down the issue to something specific to the phone. If that doesn't work either, then it's probably configuration with the car.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You need to reset your keys in the car. You can get there in the doors and keys app. Then you will get a new email. When asked on your phone say you want to pair with your code

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are a few threads about this. Your dealer has to fix. After the 7/22 update the phone key only works with your phone in the cradle. As of right now, BMWNA fixes the issue remotely for the dealer. From seeing more and more of these complaints online I'd have to imagine there is a service bulletin about it by now.

My car goes back to the dealer Sept 20th for a fix. Will keep the thread updated

·
Registered
53 Posts
Weird issue, I have 07/2022.33 on my M60 and digital key works fine with iOS 16.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts