BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello BMW community,

I bought a BMW iX two weeks ago, and it was supposed to be delivered to me a few days later. Today I received a call from the salesperson saying for some technical issue the car should be kept at the service center because of some problems that need to be fixed. It seems BMW called every customer who bought the BMW iX recently and asked them to return the car.
Does anyone have an idea what's going on? Did anyone receive the same?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hello BMW community,

I bought a BMW iX two weeks ago, and it was supposed to be delivered to me a few days later. Today I received a call from the salesperson saying for some technical issue the car should be kept at the service center because of some problems that need to be fixed. It seems BMW called every customer who bought the BMW iX recently and asked them to return the car.
You would better off asking the guys from "BMW iX Owners UK" plenty of posts on delivery hold ups doe to software upgrades etc.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hello BMW community,

Yes, it has technical issues, posted in multiple threads here and in other forums. Generally software affecting the battery charging module, valet parking module and airbag alert display module in these cars, but in some cases a recall for the battery itself (which will require replacement in a few cars) - none of which are permitted to be driven or sold under these conditions. Supposedly the software fix will be available on 28 July. Yes, the new iX has technical issues....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, it has technical issues, posted in multiple threads here and in other forums. Generally software affecting the battery charging module, valet parking module and airbag alert display module in these cars, but in some cases a recall for the battery itself (which will require replacement in a few cars) - none of which are permitted to be driven or sold under these conditions. Supposedly the software fix will be available on 28 July. Yes, the new iX has technical issues....

Try to check this tool - it is back and working since this morning. My recalls were not visible on official BMW website but are here

·
Registered
265 Posts
Do you know which defect code is for battery recall?
Just confirmed with my Genius that my car isn't on the list (yet), so I don't have the defect code for that, but I saw somewhere that it only affects a few vehicles (maybe 50-ish). There is a recall on mine for the battery charging module (0061870600, I think), but that one was resolved (I think). Doesn't mean it won't expand, but do far so good....

·
Registered
10 Posts

The software remedy’s are all available as of today. If you are subject to the Battery recall -which is supposedly only 80 vehicles (not sure if this number is US or global) than the Battery pack will need to be replaced and this will take some time (estimated 8 weeks). Call the BMW genius I line- they know which vehicles are effected. Although if your vehicle was effected you would likely have been contacted by now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
PS - New cars these days all have software and other recalls. It is the price of owning a very complex / high tech vehicle. I would not worry to much about it. Most are harmless and can wait until you need to go to the dealer for something else. All the noise in the forum is because these recalls hold up new car deliveries. The dealer can’t legally deliver the car if its subject to a recall even if its for a warning light that only happens in valet parking mode and doesn’t really impact any of the cars functionality. I am one of those who has been waiting for 3 weeks while my new IX sits at the NJ port awaiting the software recall fix. The good news is I was told today that the remedy is now available and the car should be at the dealer in about a week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The software remedy’s are all available as of today. If you are subject to the Battery recall -which is supposedly only 80 vehicles (not sure if this number is US or global) than the Battery pack will need to be replaced and this will take some time (estimated 8 weeks). Call the BMW genius I line- they know which vehicles are effected. Although if your vehicle was effected you would likely have been contacted by now.
The salesperson said we don't know what the issue is and we are trying to get the information from BMW we just know it has some technical issues.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My husband's iX50 was Recalled on 7/22/2022 via BMW Customer Service for the "High Voltage Battery" issue. We followed their instructions and the car was towed via a flatbed tow truck back to our dealership. My husband was given a 2022 BMW X5 with M package as a loaner. I left a voicemail message for the BMW Customer Service rep, to find out how long the repair will take. Now, I see from your post, that the estimated repair time could be 8 weeks? The X5 is fully loaded, but it is not an iX50.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My husband's iX50 was Recalled on 7/22/2022 via BMW Customer Service for the "High Voltage Battery" issue. We followed their instructions and the car was towed via a flatbed tow truck back to our dealership. My husband was given a 2022 BMW X5 with M package as a loaner. I left a voicemail message for the BMW Customer Service rep, to find out how long the repair will take. Now, I see from your post, that the estimated repair time could be 8 weeks? The X5 is fully loaded, but it is not an iX50.
Are you able to run your husbands VIN through the recall site and share what it shows in terms of recalls for the vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello BMW community,

My ix 50 is at the port in Germany. It has a stop sale on it. The dealer told me it is a minor fix that will be performed at the dealership once it arrives. Apparently the software fix is available after July 28th.

·
Registered
IX 50
9 Posts
Hello Mohed,
Yes, we are in the same boat except we received ours. We only had it three weeks before we got the notice. As we were in Utah, they had to send a flatbed to bring it back to the dealer in Vegas and rent us a car. Couldn't give us a loaner as we travel out of state. We have received two checks as compensation for our trouble but have not heard anything about when it will be resolved. There were 53 + or - IXs affected. Actually, since it has been over a month since we got the notice and may be quite some time, it may fall under the Nevada "Lemon Law" We will see what happens.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts