BMW iX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The grill seems to be a big discussion around the BMW iX. I am definitely not a fan, but I don't think the grill dissuades me from making it my newest vehicle. What do you think?

I've really heard this chatter around the i4 too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The grill seems to be a big discussion around the BMW iX. I am definitely not a fan, but I don't think the grill dissuades me from making it my newest vehicle. What do you think?

I've really heard this chatter around the i4 too.
The Grill does not add to the Design of the Car. I’m interested but not sure I will buy it as the Front is really horrible. I always liked BMW’s as they were classy looking Vehicles. But now the front end calls too much attention to what should be under stated and really hurts the design of the rest of the Vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I honestly think it looks great. I just made the payment for one in Storm Bay Grey in M-trim with Castanea interior.
Saw it in real life a couple of days ago in a closed viewing room and was immediately sold...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I honestly think it looks great. I just made the payment for one in Storm Bay Grey in M-trim with Castanea interior.
Saw it in real life a couple of days ago in a closed viewing room and was immediately sold... View attachment 285
Saw it in real life a couple of days ago in a closed viewing room and was immediately sold... View attachment 285
Ok, I will hold off any additional comments since I have not seen the Car in person. I do like the interior color you chose. I will admit the Grill is less obvious on the Darker Exteriors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, I will hold off any additional comments since I have not seen the Car in person. I do like the interior color you chose. I will admit the Grill is less obvious on the Darker Exteriors.
Yeah, so unfortunately I was nog allowed to make photos, since it was a pre-production model, but the pictures REALLY don't do it justice. When we came out of the room and looked at the big banner they had outside we said to each other: "it looks nothing like the actual car".

·
Registered
3 Posts
And the M-trim makes a big difference! The regular trim has these "weird edges" on the front. The huge intakes on the M give it a completely different look. The one they had on display was a red one in M trim with the Castanea interior. It was just a little too much. Same goes for the "Swarovski" upgrade (you get cristals in the center console and doors).

·
Registered
26 Posts
And the M-trim makes a big difference! The regular trim has these "weird edges" on the front. The huge intakes on the M give it a completely different look. The one they had on display was a red one in M trim with the Castanea interior. It was just a little too much. Same goes for the "Swarovski" upgrade (you get cristals in the center console and doors).
I really cannot understand the neagtivity on the grill, look at the likes of Audi and Mercedes with their massive grills, I'm glad you mentioned about the Sport and Msport differences the font trims don't look neat at all on the Sport. Did the model viewed have the sunroof ? I think it would be pretty dark inside without it.

BTW I've updated my order now Red with Bronze trim and B&W audio not sure on 22" wheels I like the 21's more, no idea on customer deliveries was that hinted at you viewing ?

Cost is now £1k less than my i8 bought in 2016 which had barely any tech !

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats on placing your order @CarlG! When you saw it in person what stood out to you compared to what the photos show?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts