BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having this issue? When using "auto pilot" with adaptive cruise control, although the speed limit display will change in the dash to match the actual speed limit, it is not automatically changing the speed for you. You must constantly select the 'set" button us adapt to the changing speed limit. There appears to be a drop down in the menu to adjust this however, the only option is manual.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anybody having this issue? When using "auto pilot" with adaptive cruise control, although the speed limit display will change in the dash to match the actual speed limit, it is not automatically changing the speed for you. You must constantly select the 'set" button us adapt to the changing speed limit. There appears to be a drop down in the menu to adjust this however, the only option is manual.
Thers is a setting to adopt the spped limit automatically and also adjsut +/- from the limit
Goto Driving settings
Audio equipment Gadget Flat panel display Font Personal luxury car

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI,
Mine has the "Adjust Automatically" greyed out. So although I can see it, I cant select it. I wonder if its a specific to different countries because I have noticed in video that the people that can do this are not in the US.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm getting a bit tired of features being disabled for the US market. What is so different about our market that would make BMW act in this manor? No tow hitch. No speed limit changes. No passenger lumbar. I feel like just waiting until BMW gets its act together.

This kind of nonsense doesn't exist in the Tesla world.

·
Registered
80 Posts
When I was driving the demo-model last year, the speed was not adopted correctly. Suddenly on the highway it jumped to 70 km/h where 100km/h was the limit. With my own iX, It worked fine but at a specific place in town it assumed to be 50 km/h where 30 km/h was allowed. I remember that this had been changed during last summer. When I was looking to the map version, I detected that it was from beginning 2021. Normally, it should have been updated over the air, but it didn't. I detected a new version in the website on my car and downloaded the new version directly from BMW. The upgrade crashed and my dealer will help solving the problem on Thursday. Until then, I remarked that speedlimit was not correct for the places I drove.
Hope it will be solved by the end of the week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I could imagine, that it was not BMW's choice to disable those features, but rather a requirement of the US authorities. Before the very sophisticated blind spot warnings came out, all German cars came with a very simple solution to eliminate this dangerous problem effectively. One third of the exterior mirrors was angled differently, thus eliminated the blind spot. The imports to the US were not allowed to have this. Maybe because 'objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear 'was not readable anymore?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm getting a bit tired of features being disabled for the US market. What is so different about our market that would make BMW act in this manor? No tow hitch. No speed limit changes. No passenger lumbar. I feel like just waiting until BMW gets its act together.
No Passenger lumber is global I think, not just US. Certainly deleted on mine - Component shortage I guess.

As corrente says - It's all US regulation. Like the adaptive lights. I think the US has only just passed legislation to allow these. No idea on auto speed limiters though. Think yourself lucky - The speed limiters are about to be mandatory in the EU with the UK following closely behind.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No Passenger lumber is global I think, not just US. Certainly deleted on mine - Component shortage I guess.

As corrente says - It's all US regulation. Like the adaptive lights. I think the US has only just passed legislation to allow these. No idea on auto speed limiters though. Think yourself lucky - The speed limiters are about to be mandatory in the EU with the UK following closely behind.
It can't be US regulation. Teslas automatically adopt speed limit changes without user input here without restrictions. Honestly, this sounds to me like a lawyer at BMW was given too much sway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It can't be US regulation. Teslas automatically adopt speed limit changes without user input here without restrictions. Honestly, this sounds to me like a lawyer at BMW was given too much sway.
for sure it is liability concern. They do also some other countries (it also not work in Finland but other brands like Mercedes provide with no issue)

·
Registered
66 Posts
for sure it is liability concern. They do also some other countries (it also not work in Finland but other brands like Mercedes provide with no issue)
Unfortunately, this is enough for me to think about canceling my order. I cannot in good conscience buy a car from a company that has such little faith in its customers and putting legal concerns over what's best for their owners. And the fact that BMW has done absolutely nothing to denote differences between markets. BMW seems to want to hide behind its dealership model, referring all questions and concerns to the dealer level. Well, my dealer is an idiot. They are all idiots. They don't know anything about how this car works.

Munich needs to get its sh*t together.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What does your local territory web site say? Does it state that this is available?
Unfortunately BMW is useless in this regard. The BMW USA web site has almost zero information available about the specifics of how the ADAS operates. I downloaded the owner's manual—which is the same regardless of region—and it has useless statements like:

"Depending on the equipment, destination system and national-market version, the value may be applied automatically."

How incredibly helpful. NOT!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here are some photos of the settings.
this is in the UK. Automatic speed limits work well, and adjust automatically.
one thing we don't have activated in the UK is stop sign or red traffic light recognition. When I first got the car it was on software version 2021/11 and there were some pop-up warnings say it wasn't active yet. My car just came back from service and is now on software 2022/03 and those warnings have NOT shown again, but there is also no mention of them in any settings screens.
I don't know what you mean by traffic jam assist. I don't think that a specific setting, but when you're stuck in slow-moving traffic the default Driver Assist works perfectly for steering and speed/spacing control just like it does on any other road at any other speed.

Atmosphere Font Sky Gadget Display device

Sky Gadget Font World Communication Device

Font Gadget Sky Display device Screenshot

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here are some photos of the settings.
this is in the UK. Automatic speed limits work well, and adjust automatically.
one thing we don't have activated in the UK is stop sign or red traffic light recognition. When I first got the car it was on software version 2021/11 and there were some pop-up warnings say it wasn't active yet. My car just came back from service and is now on software 2022/03 and those warnings have NOT shown again, but there is also no mention of them in any settings screens.
I don't know what you mean by traffic jam assist. I don't think that a specific setting, but when you're stuck in slow-moving traffic the default Driver Assist works perfectly for steering and speed/spacing control just like it does on any other road at any other speed.

View attachment 1689
View attachment 1690
View attachment 1688
THANKS MATE!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts