BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a weird one.

Was at a full stop to drop off a passenger. Passenger door was then opened, but I was still in B (maybe D) mode. As expected, the iX shut down.

After passenger door was closed, I started the car normally to DriveReady state while in P mode. At which point an error message occured stating a drivetrain malfunction, but I could continue driving. (I was still stopped.)

However, I was unable to switch to any other mode (R, D, or B) from P. After several tries I gave up...powered off and came back several minutes later. Everything worked normal after the wait, but the same error message remained.

After overnight, everything still worked normal, but the error message was still there.

Called Roadside Assistance who connected me to an iX tech. The iX tech remotely connected to my iX and could not detect any remaining issue...said his remote diagnostic check indicated everything was working properly. He felt the iX software needed a couple more 'sleep' cycles before it would remove the error message. He thought it likely the iX software glitch might be related to an incompatibility between the car wanting to prevent the drivetrain to engage any movement when in D/B/R mode while a door was open...even though I was still at a full stop. He said he was guessing. He said go drive it for a while, and if the error message doesn't disappear, then go to dealership to run a hardware diagnostic, which he could not do remotely.

Guess what: took the iX for a spin around the block, and the error message went away.

YAHOO! GO iX Tech folks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a weird one.

Was at a full stop to drop off a passenger. Passenger door was then opened, but I was still in B (maybe D) mode. As expected, the iX shut down.

After passenger door was closed, I started the car normally to DriveReady state while in P mode. At which point an error message occured stating a drivetrain malfunction, but I could continue driving. (I was still stopped.)

However, I was unable to switch to any other mode (R, D, or B) from P. After several tries I gave up...powered off and came back several minutes later. Everything worked normal after the wait, but the same error message remained.

After overnight, everything still worked normal, but the error message was still there.

Called Roadside Assistance who connected me to an iX tech. The iX tech remotely connected to my iX and could not detect any remaining issue...said his remote diagnostic check indicated everything was working properly. He felt the iX software needed a couple more 'sleep' cycles before it would remove the error message. He thought it likely the iX software glitch might be related to an incompatibility between the car wanting to prevent the drivetrain to engage any movement when in D/B/R mode while a door was open...even though I was still at a full stop. He said he was guessing. He said go drive it for a while, and if the error message doesn't disappear, then go to dealership to run a hardware diagnostic, which he could not do remotely.

Guess what: took the iX for a spin around the block, and the error message went away.

YAHOO! GO iX Tech folks.
Font Gadget Display device Multimedia Electronic device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts