BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
5% is very surprising, like old old Tesla vampire drain levels pre-2018 before they got the software tuning sorted out.
I would expect 0% drain for days at a time.
I've left my car in a parking garage for a week and observed 0% decrease, but I only charge to 80%.

1) What charge level are you starting at before these 5% declines?
2) Is the car sitting somewhere in direct sun that its baking all day?
3) Does the car sound like its on / making any sort of noise?
4) Have you tried reboot the car to see if this persists after?

·
Registered
125 Posts
My bmw ix 50, 4 days old battery drops atleast 5% every night just sitting outside my house in maryland.
Is someone else also experiencing same issue?

Thanks
Look if you don't set up a daily preconditioning before leave.
I had this issue with a Mini countryman hybrid.
Your car starts cooling/heating every day at the preset time (also on battery). Approx consumption in your case 4 to 5 kWh.
Just switch it off and battery will stay at the same charge level. Hopefully :giggle:

2023 iX xDrive50
135 Posts
My bmw ix 50, 4 days old battery drops atleast 5% every night just sitting outside my house in maryland.
Is someone else also experiencing same issue?

Thanks
Just a thought, when you get out of your iX, are you sure your car is turning off after exiting the car(the 2 screens for the dash and infotainment screens are blacked out)?

There is a setting to turn the car off when exiting, if you don't have that set property, the screens and systems will stay on all night long until you get back to your car. After walking away from the car, go back out to the car an hour or two afterwards to see if your screens are still active and alive(don't have your fob & smart phone on your person).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts