BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to see my new iX 50 today at the dealer to sign the paperwork etc - planned for a 10am collection on Monday. Received an email an hour later saying they couldn’t release the car as had just had a recall notice which needed to be installed - and they couldn’t tax it until it was cleared. They are hoping to get it done this weekend so I can still pick up - hoping not a sign of things to come. I also have a Taycan and I remember in the early days having a few recalls - hoping the iX 5g OTA capability will mean there won’t be any more recalls!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
It’s some sort of software update to do with the emergency call function in the event of an accident. So hopefully only a quick update!
I cannot see why they could not tax it - perhaps they did not want to register it with DVLA with a potential issue

Hope all is well and you drive it away on Monday

Interestingly I am able to enter my VIN into the myBMW app and the car appears but cannot be confirmed (car is in transit) so it removes itself afer 3 hours

Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - assuming it will all be sorted tomorrow. The car needs to be added to the app when you are able to confirm the car physically (a code comes on the screen which you need to type in) - I think that is why it keeps disappearing.

anyway shouldn’t be long now for yours!!

looking forward to driving mine - not driven one yet, decided against driving the 40 as bound to be a worse ride than the 50 (air suspension, 4 wheel steer) so can’t wait to actually experience it. Seems all the journalists like it so am sure it will do me fine!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks - assuming it will all be sorted tomorrow. The car needs to be added to the app when you are able to confirm the car physically (a code comes on the screen which you need to type in) - I think that is why it keeps disappearing.

anyway shouldn’t be long now for yours!!

looking forward to driving mine - not driven one yet, decided against driving the 40 as bound to be a worse ride than the 50 (air suspension, 4 wheel steer) so can’t wait to actually experience it. Seems all the journalists like it so am sure it will do me fine!!
Yes once you create the car in myBMW the car gets a message in BMW Messages

I wasn't going to test drive one either but the dealer dropeed the keys in my hand and said it's yours for the day enjoy, It was a mid specced 40 still impressive didn't play with any settings just drove it.

They let me lose in an i4M50 last week only 20 hp more than iX 50's but 150 kg's lighter - if these iX's perform any where near the i4 its going to be quite a ride 3.9 vs 4.6 0-62 !
Intersting the i4 consumption much higher than the iX 2.4mi/kwh vs 2.9

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi notice you have or had a Taycan it will be interesting to see your comments on how the 2 cars compare powertrain wise - has BMW got it right ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I currently have a X5 45e PHEV since July 2020, apart for one recall to do with the battery pack there has been quite a few explained and unexplained glitches. I also had the need to reset the vehicle 2x. Which is a pain as you then have to go through and personalize all your setting again. There has been two remote s/w updates which was seamless although the vehicle could not be used during the update. All in all I am extremely pleased with the 45e which made me switch to the iX. These machines are extremely sophisticated units with millions of s/w code lines. No amount of testing can expose absolutely everything, so some will come to pass as part of the real world usage. Especially as we are the first ones. No big deal as far as I am concerned. Mine is not due until July so quite a few would have been ironed out by then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.