BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm Jeff and I live in Chicago. I ordered my loaded iX 50 on February 28, 2022. Totally not in a hurry to get it as my state has some incentives that start in July 2022 ($4,000 EV Tax Credit, up to 80% rebate on EV Charger installation) on top of the $7500 federal tax credit!! When I ordered, my dealer told me that there are about 15 orders in queue in front of me waiting for a production number, but said it should probably be the last week of June 2022 and delivery in July/August.

I'm not sure what to believe, though he's worked there for 30 years and says he knows the 'in's and outs' of BMW, so I feel I need to take his word.

However, I'm seeing some news- though not sure if it is true or not... but BMW has closed down manufacturing of the iX for "up to 8 months". Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Jeff, Not sure about the 8 months, read this article recently that says production is being paused at the Dingolfing site, which is where I think (most of) the iX are manufactured (think there is one more site, but I could be wrong).

BMW's European production takes big hit from Ukraine crisis supply disruption

Seems the wiring harnesses are sourced from Ukraine.
Looks like there will be disruption and delays, not sure anyone can say for certain how long that will be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts