BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Jabes, how many miles have covered. I was supposed to collect my X50 Msport yesterday which was PDI'd on Monday afternoon and when the salesman went to tax it as the last part of the handover it was blocked by BMW pending a software update which meant I can't pick up the car until tomorrow.
Perhaps the new software update is what your car requires.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About 500 miles so far; the messages don't appear in the bmw app (and hasn't reappeared so far). The app doesn't say there is a new software update, but I guess there must be if you are waiting for it now!

·
Registered
iX xdrive50
42 Posts
As far as I know, there are different software updates. One of them is the public updates which is applied over app and another is related with some advanced fixes basis error experiences and records which are collected at technical side.

@Jabes I hope that they can fix your issue with some reprogramming or update. From the error, it looks like a software issue. (just a guess of course)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Jabes, how many miles have covered. I was supposed to collect my X50 Msport yesterday which was PDI'd on Monday afternoon and when the salesman went to tax it as the last part of the handover it was blocked by BMW pending a software update which meant I can't pick up the car until tomorrow.
Perhaps the new software update is what your car requires.
Same happened to ours and that was first week of January!!!
Seems like there are many urgent upgrades going round.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My local dealership have had the car since Tuesday. They escalated the issue to BMW, who have now advised them to reprogram all the software (which has been done). They will be taking the car on a roadtest tomorrow (Monday) to see no new entries are being made into the fault logs before giving me the car back (fingers crossed!)

·
Registered
BMW iX40
10 Posts
I got all high-voltage, drive-assist, breaking etc. faults (Total of 17) this morning going to work on my ix40. I have had it since December, major software upgrade done in January which fixed all small issues that i had by then. Today I had to call emergency service. Car did not want to stop .. breaking 100% and the car would be doing jerking motions standing still. I managed to get the gear to neutral, ten parking brake on before even doors would open. Car would not stop - even stepping outside and locking doors from the outside has my speedometer reading 85 km/h. Have pictures. Every warning light and STOP sign on dashboard lit up. Local dealer/bmw rep later called and told me that they will be able to unload the error codes from my car on the 17th!! First available slots with electricians on 21st and 23rd this month. So it will be a 2 week wait, and 2 weeks of interesting discussions with my dealer. I switched from Mercedes GLE and am little tempted to go back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got all high-voltage, drive-assist, breaking etc. faults (Total of 17) this morning going to work on my ix40. …
Sounds scary… seems like there are several (software) teething issues that need to be sorted and stabilised.
Price to pay for early adoption.

my IX40 arrives Mon 14th March, am very excited, but now also a little nervous with what to expect.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got all high-voltage, drive-assist, breaking etc. faults (Total of 17) this morning going to work on my ix40. I have had it since December, major software upgrade done in January which fixed all small issues that i had by then. Today I had to call emergency service. Car did not want to stop .. breaking 100% and the car would be doing jerking motions standing still. I managed to get the gear to neutral, ten parking brake on before even doors would open. Car would not stop - even stepping outside and locking doors from the outside has my speedometer reading 85 km/h. Have pictures. Every warning light and STOP sign on dashboard lit up. Local dealer/bmw rep later called and told me that they will be able to unload the error codes from my car on the 17th!! First available slots with electricians on 21st and 23rd this month. So it will be a 2 week wait, and 2 weeks of interesting discussions with my dealer. I switched from Mercedes GLE and am little tempted to go back.
My car was made on February 10th. Normally it takes 2 weeks to get to the dealer. Since last week, the car is in Belgium but not yet to the dealer. I fear, it is standing by the import company waiting for some updates before delivering to the dealer.
Probably it is due to the same issue Jabes car was suffering.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It may be, I suspect that there are a few fixes that will be going around as the cars get to "production" usage.
Overall, I've been very happy - and the dealer experience beat my local mercedes dealer hands down (but suspect that is down to local franchises rather than corporate policy!)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just got the information from a friend of mine. His sister got her iX two days ago. So there will be no stop but maybe some more work to finish all these upgrades.
I couldn't blame my Mercedes dealer from my 2001 car. Even the car had serious problems, they were fixed beyond guaranty period each time again. This dealer was so well experienced that all problems were found before serious damage. This reduced my bill considerably. Unluckily, he went bankrupt. Probably he didn't sold many expensive spare parts due to good maintenance.

·
Registered
BMW iX40
10 Posts
Update. My iX40 seems to be under investigation as my App informed me today that my car is charging and then later that it is fully charged. I will update more as soon as I hear more what it is all about. Another thread mentioned 2022-3 software version due soon, that may fix among others the missing charging updates from the car.

@hans.olbrecht I have to say the same, I never ever had anything to complain with my Mercedes dealer(s). So far BMW, even my car having issues, have been supporting me ok. First few days I had a 530e as a replacement, now I am driving a spare X1.

·
Registered
BMW iX40
10 Posts
Sounds scary… seems like there are several (software) teething issues that need to be sorted and stabilised.
Price to pay for early adoption.

my IX40 arrives Mon 14th March, am very excited, but now also a little nervous with what to expect.
Price to pay was known when decision was made. I did not think it to be this expensive ;)

Did your iX40 arrive - how are the first reactions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did your iX40 arrive - how are the first reactions?
Hei @- tomi, yes, finally arrived! I moved from a diesel X3, so the experience/change has been amazing! I cannot get over the clarity of the HUD, everytime I see it, it puts a smile on my face. The silly things like the lights on the door flashing when I lock the car at night, brings another smile. It is a sublime drive and I love all the tech.
I had ordered without a test drive, or seeing the car in person… but it has turned out to be a better driving and driver experience than I was expecting! Am very happy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts