BMW iX Forums banner

How does the IX compare to a top of the line X7 or X5

10K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  viper 
I’m curious of people who own a ix’s opinion comparing it to those great cars.
Having owned an X5 and having just taken delivery of an iX 50 M Sport, a couple of things stand out. The comfort with the air suspension is superior to anything I have owned including my Bentley. It is otherworldly the way it just glides along. The acceleration is fantastic (of course!) and the way it sits down on the road (thanks to weight being down low no doubt) is very reassuring. Next, the rear seat is probably the most comfortable (not that I sit in the back often) the way it curves towards the door allows you to adjust your posture thus reducing strain on your body. The negatives as I see are the inability to turn off the AC. Ever. At all! The removal of almost all physical buttons is another. The complexity of iDrive 8 is another negative. Lastly, the cargo volume is quite small compared even to something like an ICE X3. The shape, however is great - it is basically a box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.