BMW iX Forums banner

How does the IX compare to a top of the line X7 or X5

10K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  viper 
I’m current owner of x5 and x7
iX just simply makes them feel like dinosaurs
Yet, driving experience vise, iX 50 is pretty much same as x5 tbh. Only noticeable difference is the instant acceleration you get from the electric motors. When cruising or putting the iX 50 in personal mode which is just eco mode on the X5, oh boy are they both BMW SAV

Anything else glaringly different? I do feel like the ix isn’t as luxurious as those other cars kinda. Also, I talked to a Sa and he thought down the line we could add back in the passenger lumbar and hands free trunk opener.
It is roomier in the ix than in the x5 for sure. Maybe I have been in x5 and x7 for too long I’m feeling tired of the interior layout of this generation.

Another thing is that the inline 6 in the 40i is honestly very smooth and proven.. compared to the unknown of bmw electric motor drivetrain.

If you can wait, yeah for sure wait for the chips to come back, it is definitely getting better, what holds up the production now at bmw are the parts that were manufactured in Ukraine and Russia, yes lot of small parts were from Russia and they never want to mention about that.

The tailgate opener is a big one…it is a very useful feature

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.