BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine has been sitting at the departure port in Germany for 2 weeks now, what have your experiences been. So frustrating to have the vehicle be built, but not getting any closer to me. I suppose I am waiting on a US West Coast ship to load my iX. The wait is killing me. :rolleyes:

How long was yours sitting at the port?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, good to know. What is interesting, mine got to the port on the 21st of May, the next ship was on the 28th of May (Heritage Leader) and the following ship is not till 14th of June. Wonder if they status hasn't been updated and the car is on the May 28th departure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine has been sitting at port since May 24th pending it's trip to California. Given the delays in production BMW is experiencing, I imagine they are slower to fill their quota on ships. I don't expect to see the car until late July or August.

I'm just thankfull my features didn't get cut like others with build weeks just after mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine has been sitting at the departure port in Germany for 2 weeks now, what have your experiences been. So frustrating to have the vehicle be built, but not getting any closer to me. I suppose I am waiting on a US West Coast ship to load my iX. The wait is killing me. :rolleyes:

Mine was I think nine days and then it said "in transit " and then it said in the at the port again after about 8 days ...which was at the port of US entry.... dealer just called me and told me my car will be at the dealership next week Tuesday so you have to be careful with the tracking because it doesn't differentiate "at the port"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine has been sitting at port since May 24th pending it's trip to California. Given the delays in production BMW is experiencing, I imagine they are slower to fill their quota on ships. I don't expect to see the car until late July or August.

I'm just thankfull my features didn't get cut like others with build weeks just after mine.
when did u order?

I ordered full spec'd in June 2021 and I'm getting mine next week ...woot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine was I think nine days and then it said "in transit " and then it said in the at the port again after about 8 days ...which was at the port of US entry.... dealer just called me and told me my car will be at the dealership next week Tuesday so you have to be careful with the tracking because it doesn't differentiate "at the port"
Same here. Mine was in "at the port" state in Germany for 3 days, and then transitioned to "in transit" for 11 days. After unloading in New Jersey, it was put back in "at the port" for 4 days. It was put back to "in transit" yesterday. Hopefully, I will get the car next week.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As of this morning it is still showing at the port. My dealer emailed me a report yesterday that shows the same information, but it also said the last status update was on 5/22. The last ship left Bremerhaven on 5/28 (I am hoping it is on that one) as the next ship is not till 6/14. I am just hoping that this is a late status update.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi, did you send an email to the BMW genius in USA ? They can give you the name of the ship and the ETA to the port close to LA.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi, did you send an email to the BMW genius in USA ? They can give you the name of the ship and the ETA to the port close to LA.
I talked to the Genius and they told me the same thing as the dealer, the last status update is from 5/21, so I don't know where the car is (on a boat or waiting patiently (more patient than me)).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine was in Bremmerhaven for about 2 weeks. As soon as it got to port, I looked on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website for ships scheduled for port of NY and saw there were 2, one leaving 5/31, which was a 13 day crossing, and one leaving 6/2, which was a 11 day crossing. On 6/5, the status on my garage changed to 'in transit', so i called genius who confirmed my iX was on the Don Carlos, which left 6/2 and was due into port of NY on 6/13. For my M8, i was able to track the satellite location of the ship across the Atlantic, but there is now an upcharge for that (unless someone knows an alternate way to find that). No real need to know that, i just want to make sure the Don Carlos doesn't sink like that Porsche transport ship that sunk a month's worth of Porsche's North American production. Taycans, alas, do not float.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine was in Bremmerhaven for about 2 weeks. As soon as it got to port, I looked on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website for ships scheduled for port of NY and saw there were 2, one leaving 5/31, which was a 13 day crossing, and one leaving 6/2, which was a 11 day crossing. On 6/5, the status on my garage changed to 'in transit', so i called genius who confirmed my iX was on the Don Carlos, which left 6/2 and was due into port of NY on 6/13. For my M8, i was able to track the satellite location of the ship across the Atlantic, but there is now an upcharge for that (unless someone knows an alternate way to find that). No real need to know that, i just want to make sure the Don Carlos doesn't sink like that Porsche transport ship that sunk a month's worth of Porsche's North American production. Taycans, alas, do not float.
I found shipfix.com which seems to be updating every couple of hours. For Don Carlos: DON CARLOS, IMO 9122655, Flag Singapore

·
Registered
26 Posts
I talked to the Genius and they told me the same thing as the dealer, the last status update is from 5/21, so I don't know where the car is (on a boat or waiting patiently (more patient than me)).
Question: When you say talked to Genius, do you mean you talked to a live person for an order update? I called the Genius number and could never get past the automated voice.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts