BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine has been sitting at the departure port in Germany for 2 weeks now, what have your experiences been. So frustrating to have the vehicle be built, but not getting any closer to me. I suppose I am waiting on a US West Coast ship to load my iX. The wait is killing me. :rolleyes:

How long was yours sitting at the port?
These vessels holding ~7000 vehicles do not sail until it's fully loaded. Mine took almost 4 weeks to depart. And then 23 days to get to Hueneme on the west coast as it is making a stop to unload in Colombia before it crosses the Panama canal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I talked to the Genius and they told me the same thing as the dealer, the last status update is from 5/21, so I don't know where the car is (on a boat or waiting patiently (more patient than me)).
Question: When you say talked to Genius, do you mean you talked to a live person for an order update? I called the Genius number and could never get past the automated voice.
Question: When you say talked to Genius, do you mean you talked to a live person for an order update? I called the Genius number and could never get past the automated voice.
You can send an email to them and they normally answer in 24 hours. From them I have got the name of the shipping vessel and the eta to the west coast

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I still don't have a status update (last update in the BMW system is from 5/21 - dealer and genius told me that). The ship that left on 5/28, goes to Columbia first, then through the Panama canal, then Mexico and a few stops in the US. The ship that leaves on 6/14 takes the extra scenic route (adds 4 weeks) and goes around Tiera del Fuego on the way to Chile, Peru, then Mexico and the US. Hopefully my car is on the the 5/28 boat, but if it isn't that delays it even longer. Oh well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I still don't have a status update (last update in the BMW system is from 5/21 - dealer and genius told me that). The ship that left on 5/28, goes to Columbia first, then through the Panama canal, then Mexico and a few stops in the US. The ship that leaves on 6/14 takes the extra scenic route (adds 4 weeks) and goes around Tiera del Fuego on the way to Chile, Peru, then Mexico and the US. Hopefully my car is on the the 5/28 boat, but if it isn't that delays it even longer. Oh well.
If your car is on the vessel (Heritage Leader) that left 5/28 they would have told you and your status should say "in transit". If it says "at port" then it has not yet been loaded. GL!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If your car is on the vessel (Heritage Leader) that left 5/28 they would have told you and your status should say "in transit". If it says "at port" then it has not yet been loaded. GL!
That is the problem, there is no update in the system. The genius said that it happens sometimes and can take 3-10 days to update. Will keep checking the Tracking page.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I got confirmation from my dealer that my status update has finally changed to on a boat. Funny thing is the boat left over 2 weeks ago and the status has just changed, looks like there was a glitch in the BMW system, oh well. Getting closer to me, but I will be out of town at the end of the month, so it will be around July 11th before I can pick it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has been sitting at the departure port in Germany for 2 weeks now, what have your experiences been. So frustrating to have the vehicle be built, but not getting any closer to me. I suppose I am waiting on a US West Coast ship to load my iX. The wait is killing me. :rolleyes:

Mine says it still in the port, but in fact it has already been shipped and received at the port of entry (Galveston, TX). It's being put on a car carrier as I write this. Point being is don't trust the BMW tracker. Your sales person should be able to tell you where exactly it is.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Mine arrived at the port in California today. Yeah. Now it has to get inspected, prepped and then loaded onto a semi for a trip up I-5 to the Portland area. Hopefully I can get it next weekend (might be a bit optimistic, but why not).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine arrived at the port in California today. Yeah. Now it has to get inspected, prepped and then loaded onto a semi for a trip up I-5 to the Portland area. Hopefully I can get it next weekend (might be a bit optimistic, but why not).
Mine was released to carrier from Oxnard on Friday, showed up at the dealer on Tuesday (SF Bay Area) so I will hope for you, say, Thursday at the latest?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine also arrived and was offloaded to the port with yours. From there it's heading to Escondido. I'm guessing it won't be released to the carrier until sometime next week since it's a holiday weekend.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Mine left Germany on 3 March and I didn't take delivery until 18 June!!!! That's Australia but even so, it was more than a month from arrival to me getting the kets. I got told because it was the very first 50 Sport so the compliance plate that the transport authority attaches to the vehicle before it can be registered was held up

·
Registered
26 Posts
How do you find out which port your car is at? When I go to my garage website, it just says at the port . Has been saying it for almost two weeks .
Call the BMW genius at 1.844.4GENIUS (443-6487) (and find whatever option gets you to a live person and then ask that you want an order update and then ask for the boat or port it is on). You'll likely have to go through 3 or 4 levels of automated menus before finally speaking to an agent (even if you say "Speak to an agent."). That was my experience, but if someone has a shortcut to a live person, then that would be great to know.
From there, if your car is on a boat, you can see one of these schedules, which will have the ports (find the one that is nearest to you and it should be that). Once it gets to your local BMW prep center, then it's anyone's guess as to when it gets to the dealer.
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Call the BMW genius at 1.844.4GENIUS (443-6487) (and find whatever option gets you to a live person and then ask that you want an order update and then ask for the boat or port it is on). You'll likely have to go through 3 or 4 levels of automated menus before finally speaking to an agent (even if you say "Speak to an agent."). That was my experience, but if someone has a shortcut to a live person, then that would be great to know.
From there, if your car is on a boat, you can see one of these schedules, which will have the ports (find the one that is nearest to you and it should be that). Once it gets to your local BMW prep center, then it's anyone's guess as to when it gets to the dealer.
Hope that helps!
Thank you

·
Registered
28 Posts
I spoke with the genius line yesterday (only went 3 levels before getting a live agent). The gentleman was able to tell me that there were no hold on my car but had not yet been assigned to a ship. He told me to call back the end of the week to get an update and sure enough the status changed this morning from “at the port” to “in transit”.

·
Registered
4 Posts

How do you track were it is I have the vin number?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts