BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This information about tracking orders in the UK was kindly shared on the “new member” thread some time ago. As I have found it very helpful to follow my order, I decided to repost it on the UK forum to help other members. The BMW Genius team (by following this link) have more up to date information than my dealership has access to.

‘If you go to The BMW Official Website | BMW UK and register/ login. You can click the Blue Live Chat icon in the bottom right. Give them your order ID (or VIN) and they will give you the production status straight away.’

·
Registered
151 Posts
This information about tracking orders in the UK was kindly shared on the “new member” thread some time ago. As I have found it very helpful to follow my order, I decided to repost it on the UK forum to help other members. The BMW Genius team (by following this link) have more up to date information than my dealership has access to.

‘If you go to The BMW Official Website | BMW UK and register/ login. You can click the Blue Live Chat icon in the bottom right. Give them your order ID (or VIN) and they will give you the production status straight away.’
Thanks, @Legin for sharing. This would be of great help to all of us here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just heard, my car has now arrived UK and is in pre delivery centre for final QC checks.. Hope handover will be by end June

Ordered iX Sport40 Blue Ridge Mountain end March
Manufactured 13th May 2022
Handover end June - I hope.
Total timeline works out at 3 months.

Found the online Genius web chat very helpful to keep track of the production & delivery process once I got the VIN from my dealer in early May.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just heard, my car has now arrived UK and is in pre delivery centre for final QC checks.. Hope handover will be by end June

Ordered iX Sport40 Blue Ridge Mountain end March
Manufactured 13th May 2022
Handover end June - I hope.
Total timeline works out at 3 months.

Found the online Genius web chat very helpful to keep track of the production & delivery process once I got the VIN from my dealer in early May ninjavan tracking.
I just bought an item but I don't know how to track it. All I see is a green truck saying that the order has been sent, but I want to follow this item how do I go about doing so? Should I get a hold of the seller or does the site use a certain mailing service?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All, this is my experience for my UK iX Sport40, Blue Ridge Mountain, Black interior and 1011 alloy.
Handover in 2.5 days time………and counting…….

TIMELINE: 4 months from order to delivery & 6 weeks from start of production to handover:

Ordered 28th February 2022
Started production 9th May
Finished production 24th May.
Arrived BMW UK 22nd June
Arrive Dealer 28th June
Handover Friday 1st July

My thanks to everyone in the Forum who helped make the waiting bearable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, this is my experience for my UK iX Sport40, Blue Ridge Mountain, Black interior and 1011 alloy.
Handover in 2.5 days time………and counting…….

TIMELINE: 4 months from order to delivery & 6 weeks from start of production to handover:

Ordered 28th February 2022
Started production 9th May
Finished production 24th May.
Arrived BMW UK 22nd June
Arrive Dealer 28th June
Handover Friday 1st July

My thanks to everyone in the Forum who helped make the waiting bearable.
My dealer (Stratstone Leeds) told me my IX 40 should be collectable 2+ weeks ago (they said I was lucky they got a cancelled order), but I am still waiting, was told the car is in the UK compound and they don't know when it can be delivered to them, is that normal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts