BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really looking foreword for the digital key when I was in the process of setting it up on the 2nd day getting the car was surprised that my BMW app saying your phone not compatible, so any info on that like when they are going to add the S22 or any trick to make it work with S22 Ultra. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you please check this video and give it a try?
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately its with S21, I have S22 Ultra, even they mentioned that in digital key service description on BMW that its compatible with S21, I thought its by default would accept S22. Seems stupid that BMW had to add every phone model one by one to their system, so every time I change my phone I would loose the digital key service lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately its with S21, I have S22 Ultra, even they mentioned that in digital key service description on BMW that its compatible with S21, I thought its by default would accept S22. Seems stupid that BMW had to add every phone model one by one to their system, so every time I change my phone I would loose the digital key service lol
That's absolutely weird. They should do something about it. Just imagine we're stuck on one phone and will have to change the whole car merely if we want to upgrade our smartphone. Hahahaha sounds funny.

On a serious note, isn't there any option to back up and then restore the digital key on the new phone as we do with other stuff like contacts and messages?

·
Registered
6 Posts
For what it is worth, here is what I have learned about S22 and BMW related to digital key and at least the iX. The digital key itself is seemingly stored in the Samsung Pass app. If you go there, you’ll see a digital key widget and at least when I open that on my S22 Ultra in the US, only Hyundai and Genesis are currently supported. I hear that BMW support has rolled out in Korea which Samsung tends to do with most of their upgrades…roll them out in Korea first. So maybe we will get an update soon that will support the S22 with BMW. Appears to be more of a Samsung thing than a BMW thing to fix at least to me. So I’m watching for Samsung Pass updates and maybe soon we can use the BMW digital key soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was really looking foreword for the digital key when I was in the process of setting it up on the 2nd day getting the car was surprised that my BMW app saying your phone not compatible, so any info on that like when they are going to add the S22 or any trick to make it work with S22 Ultra. Thanks
I was able to install bmw digital key on S22+ yesterday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try rebooting your phone and then set it up. It it is using the radios (Bluetooth and/or UWB) they may just need a reset to properly function. I had this issue with the Samsung's own UWB trackers, but a restart solved it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for letting me know, because last week I checked and was still saying incompatible, seems very recently they added the S22. Today I checked and its started the setup process 😀
Was your setup successful? Mine keeps stopping with the following error "Couldn't connect to Samsung Wallet. Try again later." I am using an S22 Ultra.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally got this working for me but NFC only. I am in Ireland and Samsung Pay is not supported here so everyone uses Google Pay. Hence, Samsung Wallet is a redundant app that is ignored and not updated automatically. After I manually updated Samsung Wallet from Galaxy Store, I managed to get Digital Key to work but NFC only. Anyone has any ideas on UWB?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts