BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for sharing, I think you are right. I don’t like that BMW talk about potential future upgrades without being very clear about the HW recruitments. Especially when the price difference for e.g. P.A. plus and Pro are minor.

If you do find out more, please share.
One alternative would be to activate and see if HW is missing. Not sure if the old ways of programming that still works on new cars. Would imagine that it might void the warranty so maybe stupid to do so. Will anyway compare the spec to your screen shot above when I get the car delivered.

·
Registered
BMW iX xDrive40
26 Posts
One alternative would be to activate and see if HW is missing. Not sure if the old ways of programming that still works on new cars. Would imagine that it might void the warranty so maybe stupid to do so. Will anyway compare the spec to your screen shot above when I get the car delivered.
I will for sure keep my eyes on the Park Assist Professional topic. I'm amongst those that where under the impression that the extended "self parking" would be added to current Assist Plus customers. The communication from BMW about this has not been that great unfortunately.
I have been retrofitting a lot of functionality into my previous BMW´s but from I20 and on the whole process of signing the coding and programming files has changed from being done locally to being done centrally in BMW backend. For now, that seem to be the end of coding and programming.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I will for sure keep my eyes on the Park Assist Professional topic. I'm amongst those that where under the impression that the extended "self parking" would be added to current Assist Plus customers. The communication from BMW about this has not been that great unfortunately.
I have been retrofitting a lot of functionality into my previous BMW´s but from I20 and on the whole process of signing the coding and programming files has changed from being done locally to being done centrally in BMW backend. For now, that seem to be the end of coding and programming.
Interesting, did not know that it changed for I20 but it sounds like a reasonable change for BMW to introduce. I was referring to F15 where it’s possible to sign the coding yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This video has cutouts which reveal a few sensors, including behind the front area:

Reactions: Scania

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Not shown in the video, but there are additional short range radars in the front and rear bumpers.
Thanks both, so we have concluded that it won’t have any LiDAR for the time being? BMW is a great car but I really don’t like the lack of transparency when it comes to hardware. It’s important for the customer to estimate how “future proof” a vehicle will be. The OTA Updates ambition is great but the hardware will limit what it actually could deliver…

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks both, so we have concluded that it won’t have any LiDAR for the time being? BMW is a great car but I really don’t like the lack of transparency when it comes to hardware. It’s important for the customer to estimate how “future proof” a vehicle will be. The OTA Updates ambition is great but the hardware will limit what it actually could deliver…
There appears to be a great deal of confusion over what features are enabled in the European market versus what is enabled/disabled in the US market. BMW is also not being transparent about these things and the dealers know even less. This is not adding up to be a pleasurable process and this is my first experience with BMW.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
There appears to be a great deal of confusion over what features are enabled in the European market versus what is enabled/disabled in the US market. BMW is also not being transparent about these things and the dealers know even less. This is not adding up to be a pleasurable process and this is my first experience with BMW.
Just got hold of my VIN. It’s now in Quality Assurance status, guess that means that it is completed but not ok to ship yet. From VIN checked the Options below. Can not see any changes, that includes Parking Assistance Plus and not Professional. Too bad…

1LH 21" Aero Black Wheels, With Style 1011 Perf Non-rft 21" Aerodynamikräder 1011 Bicolor, Gunmetal Grey
230 Eu Specific Additional Equipment Eu Spezifische Zusatzumfaenge
2PA Locking Wheel Bolts Radschraubensicherung
2VB Tyre Pressure Indicator Reifendruckanzeige
2VH Integral Active Steering Integral-aktivlenkung
2VR 2-axle Air Suspension 2-achs Luftfederung
322 Comfort Access System Komfortzugang
330 Sports Package Sportpaket
358 Climate Comfort Windscreen Klimakomfort-frontscheibe
3AC Trailer Tow Hitch Anhaengerkupplung
407 Panorama Glass Roof Sky Lounge Panorama-glasdach Sky Lounge
413 Luggage Compartment Net Gepaeckraumtrennetz
420 Sun Protection Glazing Sonnenschutzverglasung
428 Warning Triangle Warndreieck
42A Interior Application Clear & Bold Interieurapplikationen Clear & Bold
48Z Deselection Of Front Passenger Lumbar Support / Front Passenger Backrest Width Adjustment Entfall Beifahrer-lordosenstütze / Beifahrer-lehnenbreitenverstellung
4AA Roof Lining Anthracite Dachhimmel Anthrazit
4FM Multifunctional Seats F.driver A.fr Multifunktionssitze F.fahrer U.beif
4HC Heat Komfort Package Waermekomfort Paket
4NB Aut.air Conditioning 4-zone Control Klimaautomatik Mit 4-zonenregelung

4U9 Acoustic Protection For Pedestrians Akustischer Fussgaengerschutz
4V1 Bmw Iconicsounds Electric Bmw Iconicsounds Electric
548 Speedometer With Kilometer Reading Kilometertacho
5AC Autom. High-beam Headlights Control Fernlichtassistent
5AQ Active Guard Plus Active Guard Plus
5AU Driving Assistant Professional Driving Assistant Professional
5AV Active Guard Active Guard
5AZ Bmw Laser Light Bmw Laserlicht
5DN Parking Assistant Plus Parking Assistant Plus
654 Dab Tuner Dab Tuner
688 Harman/kardon Surround Sound System Harman/kardon Surround Sound System
6AE Teleservices Teleservices
6AF Legal Emergency Call Gesetzlicher Notruf
6AK Connecteddrive Services Connecteddrive Services
6C3 Connectedpackage Professional I Connectedpackage Professional I
6NX Wireless Charging Tray Wireless Charging Ablage
6U3 Bmw Live Cockpit Professional Bmw Live Cockpit Professional
6U7 Bmw Natural Interaction Bmw Natural Interaction
853 Language Version English Sprachversion Englisch
885 Swedish / On-board Documentation Schwedisch / Bordliteratur
8R9 Refrigerant Kaeltemittel
8SM Vin, Visible From Outside Fahrgestellnummer,v.aussen Sichtbar
8TF Active Protection For Pedestrians Aktiver Fussgaengerschutz.
8TG Anti-theft System Diebstahlsicherung
993 Model Year Code Modelljahrescode
9T8 Specific Additional Contents In Sport Package

21 - 28 of 28 Posts