BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had the car now for 2 weeks and overall am very happy.

I seem to get around 3.2m/kWh which isn’t too bad, Driving at motorway speeds.

speed wise I think the 40 is more than adequate unless you are a real speed demon, in which case there are probably better choices out there. The extra range of the 50 would be nice though.

Everything else seems ok. I updated the map which I was surprised to find was out of date. That went fine.

The only issue I’ve had so far is twice now I’ve had a front collision system failure. The first time the error came up I acknowledged it and then it disappeared in about 15 mins. Today it came up but every time I acknowledged and closed the warning it kept coming back every 30 seconds or so. This suggests that it was clearing itself and then reoccurring.
After I returned to the car after a few hours the error had gone and didn’t reappear on the journey home. However I suspect it will be back.
Can’t find any mention of a similar issue on line so I might be ‘special’.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. No not yet. The dealer I bought from was 250 miles away so now need to make contact with my local dealer to start the relationship with them.

I believe there is also a safety recall for my car too now so I will have to get that done too.

I’m starting a list..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Being an ‘early adopter’ I anticipated some teething issues. After all my work laptop still needs rebooting constantly due to issues.

if this is the worst I get that will be a bonus.

worst case I can just turn this function off until I go and get it looked at. Still kind of hoping it will magically sort itself out or only appear every couple of weeks for now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The collision warning issue has occurred once more since so not a major issue And was easily overcome by switching off and on that function.

Another couple of ‘anomalies’ have also occurred.

when getting into the car the steering wheel usually doesn’t come out exactly to the required position, in my case fully out. A minor point but it happens most times and just needs a quick adjustment. Another SW fix.

something that was a bit more of a concern has happened twice now. When getting back into the car the central infotainment screen remains off while the drivers one comes up as normal. No amount of trying to reset etc will get it back, including getting out of the car and locking it then getting back in. The problem is you lose all functionality, including control of AC, that comes via the central screen. That is actually quite a lot of functionality that you just have no control over.

it then just comes back randomly at some point between 20 mins and an hour later.

Each time it has happened I have activated remote conditioning as it’s been a hot day and I’ve tried to cool the car down before I get in. I think the 2 must be linked or it’s a big coincidence.

I’ve updated the SW today so will be interesting to see what that changes, if anything. Though I think this sorts the air bag issue that the safety recall was for.

other than that no real issues.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for sharing your real life issues with your car. Out of interest how many miles per kWh are you averaging? According to the online “test drive reviews” the range is between 2.7 to 3.1 mikes per kWH.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Every day I do a 28 mile commute, each way, down a dual carriageway at around 70 mph. In a morning I tend to get between 2.7 and 2.8 mpkWh. On the way home it’s usually 3.2 mpkwh.

the main difference being it’s usually warmer on the way home. These figures are obtained without making any effort to be efficient. Though when I have tried to be efficient the difference on this type of journey is pretty minimal unless you drop speed to around 60 mph.

around town obviously it can be a lot higher. Up to 4 mpkwh is achievable pretty easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts