BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen many discussions about the optional B&W sound system in the iX. I think it has a jillion watts and a thousand speakers...at least it seems so. I have all the special sound options turned on and love feeling my driver's seat vibrate to the bass boom. Considering the low ambient sound inherent in an EV added to this killed sound set-up...I have never enjoyed a car sound system like in my iX50. It's expensive - but well worth it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my iX50 in July and just found out production is now beginning. When finalizing the order, the salesman says he can't enter both the B&W sound system and the Driving Assistance Professional Package, even though you can include both when building on the website. He's trying to reach out to manufacturing to figure out why. I've seen some discussion here on issues with B&W, but it seems as if they've been addressed. Anyone have any info on what my salesman is seeing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ordered my iX50 in July and just found out production is now beginning. When finalizing the order, the salesman says he can't enter both the B&W sound system and the Driving Assistance Professional Package, even though you can include both when building on the website. He's trying to reach out to manufacturing to figure out why. I've seen some discussion here on issues with B&W, but it seems as if they've been addressed. Anyone have any info on what my salesman is seeing?
This is correct. I had the same problem with mine. While you can configure it on bmwusa, dealers cannot add it when placing an order. Its an odd 'either or' choice. In theory, the drivers assistance package should have nothing to do with B&W sound, but it does conflict when placing the order. Having said that, one dealer told me today that it should be resolved soon

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is correct. I had the same problem with mine. While you can configure it on bmwusa, dealers cannot add it when placing an order. Its an odd 'either or' choice. In theory, the drivers assistance package should have nothing to do with B&W sound, but it does conflict when placing the order. Having said that, one dealer told me today that it should be resolved soon
Thanks for the info. I’ll see if my dealer can delay until this is resolved. Appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the same issue with ordering mine, but the dealer confirmed that both options will be included. As I understand it they confirmed it at a very high level. Didn’t get the specifics, but it took them a day and feels legit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had the same issue with ordering mine, but the dealer confirmed that both options will be included. As I understand it they confirmed it at a very high level. Didn’t get the specifics, but it took them a day and feels legit.
Is your order already in production? If it is, there is a way to check using your browser developer tools whether the car is being built using Harmon Kardon or B&W

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is your order already in production? If it is, there is a way to check using your browser developer tools whether the car is being built using Harmon Kardon or B&W
I may do that. For now it’s scheduled for production. Not sure how long between now and it begins. I’m not too worried about it to be honest. Dealership seems to know what they’re doing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts