BMW iX Forums banner

iX factory hitch deal killer

15K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  02601_33859 
Hi there - I am in the same boat here - have an IX on order with a Q3 delivery. Transporting the bicycles for the wife and I is a requirement yet all I get from the sales rep and the company is the same thing... a non answer - obviously its not on the build list or would have picked it in a heartbeat. So I think that I am banking on the hope that by going the aftermarket route I will be able to use a Thule T2 Pro XT/XTR Hitch Bike rack which is what I have fitted to my current 2018 X5. BMW cant ignore the US market for this can they?

Thanks for the information and update.

Does this really leave us at BMW is not offering any way to transport a bicycle in the US marketplace via the IX?

Wake up BMW is this really your position? No bicycle transportation via the IX in the US?

Spoke to one after market provider the other day and they said they will create one as soon as they can get their hands on an IX vehicle @ their shop.

I took this to my sales rep who took it to dealership management who allegedly took it to BMW of North America - same non answer

Shame on you BMW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.