BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just placed an order yesterday and there is no option for a hitch. I have a question into my sales advisor to see if this is going to be a dealer installed option perhaps or if it something will be available on later builds. I don't plan on towing, but plan on using it for my bike rack.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just placed an order yesterday and there is no option for a hitch. I have a question into my sales advisor to see if this is going to be a dealer installed option perhaps or if it something will be available on later builds. I don't plan on towing, but plan on using it for my bike rack.
Please let us know if you find a good option for mounting a bike rack. I've used the strap-with-hook versions in the past and I don't like the way they pull on the body panels. A hitch mount would be ideal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too was asking about a hitch before placing my order. I spoke with Stealth Hitch who told me they’ve had many inquiries about a hitch for the ix. Rep says at least a year till they get a vehicle in to fabricate, develop and market.

i ordered BMW roof rail and bike rack till the hitch is available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts