BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'll get my iX shortly, and I am doing my prep work upfront :D

Does anyone know what is the best way to export the interior camera pictures to a PC of a phone? The only way I've found for now is via the cloud account which is a painful process. Maybe I am missing something? Maybe with an usb key?

I have also not found the option to record a movie, and there is limited documentation online. I am just hoping I didnt get the interior camera just for awkwardly posed selfies :D

Thanks!

· Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,

Does anyone know what is the best way to export the interior camera pictures to a PC of a phone? The only way I've found for now is via the cloud account which is a painful process. Maybe I am missing something? Maybe with an usb key?

I have also not found the option to record a movie, and there is limited documentation online. I am just hoping I didnt get the interior camera just for awkwardly posed selfies :D

Thanks!
Hopefully yours will still come with the interior camera. Mine came in earlier this month and the option was removed from my build.

· Registered
52 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks!
All images are viewable in your MyBMW app using Remote Cameras view. I’m not a user of invade my life.com so don’t pose while driving. Security use maybe, shows inside recording in a break in and theft, so youve got a memory of when you last saw your car and who drove it away ;-)

· Registered
480 Posts
Security was the best and only use for it as far as I'm concerned, but I believe BMW has removed it from all builds presently, and it may not return (others no doubt being of a like mind, and the exterior cameras also record in the event of a break-in)....

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all, thanks for the replies.

Do you guys know why did BMW remove the camera?

Recordings of the interior are a good use of this wide field of view. Does this require a subscription like the BMW Drive Recorder?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts