BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished watching a video that shows how to get the physical door key out of the key fob and realized there is no provision for attaching the fob to a key ring. What options are available hook to fob to a key ring While still having access to all of the buttons on the fob?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Paladin1 - where did you get that nice case / holder from? Is that a BMW case - is it leather? Actually - now I look, there are options everywhere .. silly question...
Yep, BMW case (PN 82295A2C220), and there are quite a few others. Not as robust (or as bulky) as the X5 case, but looks well made and definitely protective. I'm guessing like other accessories, 3rd party will start to pop up everywhere.
 

·
Registered
BMW's i4 M50, X3 G01, 640 F13
Joined
·
33 Posts
if you have the comfort access you might consider protecting your key in the desk drawer and use only the phone, as it works much like the keyfob (no need to take it out of pocket as it has UWB tech)
 

·
Registered
2022 BMW iX xDrive50
Joined
·
23 Posts
if you have the comfort access you might consider protecting your key in the desk drawer and use only the phone, as it works much like the keyfob (no need to take it out of pocket as it has UWB tech)
That is exactly what I do — my wife and I even used the Digital Key exclusively on our X5 xDrive45e but that required tapping our watch on the door and leaving the phone on the charging bay to drive. One less thing to carry, but you lose some of the Comfort Access features. Now with the iX and the Digital Key Plus — the ability to just leave your phone in your pocket or purse as if it was the fob itself is phenomenal…
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
if you have the comfort access you might consider protecting your key in the desk drawer and use only the phone, as it works much like the keyfob (no need to take it out of pocket as it has UWB tech)
If you are one of the 25% of the world's population that uses an iPhone. :) The other 75% (excluding the couple of S21 Android users), apparently can wait....
 

·
Registered
2022 BMW iX xDrive50
Joined
·
23 Posts
If you are one of the 25% of the world's population that uses an iPhone. :) The other 75% (excluding the couple of S21 Android users), apparently can wait....
Good point. Though, while 25% of the world has an iPhone, I would bet that percentage is significantly higher if you are talking about the population of BMW owners ;) ...
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top